Sunday, October 28, 2007

We're Done!

With moving iris bulbs, that is. I got all the bulbs by one of the trees dug up, the Otter helped me plant them and there are now two rows of iris by the back of the house. There are still two trees that have a bajillion iris bulbs by them, but we're out of room by the house so they are going to stay. At least for now. I might come up with a different plan for them, but I'm not going to worry about that now.

I also dumped a couple of plants that were about gone, and put all my plant pots in the garage for the year. I still have a few plant stands out on the deck, but they are not really in the way so they are going to stay. At least for now. I don't really have a place for them in the garage right now. One of the plant stands came inside and the pink pot full of cactus is on it, in front of the dining room window. I took the two hanging baskets full of begonias off of the shepherd's hook and put them on my corner plant shelf in the dining room. The begonias are actually from spring 2006, I heard yesterday about how hard they are to keep alive from one season to the next but I've never had a problem with it. I just move them inside when it starts to get cool and take off any dead flowers, then they survive until the next spring when they go outside again.

Bill just came down from the roof. He was putting a snow cover on the satellite dish. He didn't fall off, but apparently he nearly did. I don't think I want to know!!


---------------

Ok, it's about an hour later than when I started this. Bill needed me to help hold the ladder so that he would be able to get on & off of the roof without an Oops! He's finished up there for now, and I'm glad. He's doing something to the satellite dish involving better wiring than what it was installed with.

I'm going to have to have a "talk" with my bank on Monday. When the checks were stolen, there were 4 checks that I had written a few days before but they had not cleared yet. I gave the numbers, dates & amounts and the bank said that those 4 checks would transfer to the new account. I've been checking the bank daily, 2 of the checks did come through. Yesterday's mail had a letter from WalMart's collection agency. Seems that the other two checks, the ones that the bank said would clear - DID NOT! So WalMart expects me to send them money to cover the two checks plus $50.00 in NSF fees. I'm not even going to give the bank a chance to explain, they are getting the horns from the start when I call them tomorrow. And they had better agree to pay all the amounts, including the $50.00, and I want something in writing to WalMart explaining that it was their fault and not mine. And if I get nowhere with the branch office tomorrow, I am going all the way up the ladder on this one because my boss is very good friends with one of the highest officers at the bank and I know I'll get somewhere with him. It's kind of frustrating, to say the least!

On a brighter note, we got our flu shots Friday afternoon. No reaction beyond the normal slight headache & not feeling the best that evening. But while we were at the hospital for the shots, I stepped on the scale. Since January, I have now lost 48 pounds. I'm very happy, and very encouraged that I'm actually going to get to my goal. I've gone down 2 sizes and nearly 3 now. I'm not buying a lot of clothing, since I'm not finished yet. Just a few things to get me through, and I've gotten most of them at thrift stores. I have a few nicer outfits that I'm going to see about getting altered, but not until I'm where I want to be. I'm excited! But now my rings are pretty loose, in fact one of them came right off of my finger the other day. I'm not sure about getting them resized. I had them resized larger a couple of years ago, and the jeweler wasn't sure he would be able to resize them again. So I might have to come up with a different idea on that. But I'll worry about that when I'm at my goal which will still be a few months from now but it is at least in sight. :)

Ok, that's it for now. I have a couple of errands to run and a little more laundry to do. So, TTFN!

No comments: