Thursday, October 11, 2007

THURSDAYTHURSDAYTHURSDAYTHURSDAY

Still drawing a blank on titles!

Back at work today, and I feel much better. I am still coughing, which is actually a good thing when you have asthma. It helps my lungs to get clear, the alternative of not coughing is very bad. Bill's still got a lot of sniffling going on, but he's better. Otter is pretty much over it, although she decided to skip karate as a precaution today.

Maggie keeps trying to get in trouble. She's got this sudden fascination with the bottom shelf in the office, the one that has my sewing stuff on it. There is a bag of cotton filling that has been there for months, but she's suddenly discovered it and she keeps sniffing it. She will head in the general direction, but if she knows I'm watching her she won't go near it. But when she thinks she's not being observed, she heads straight for it. Little monster dog! But she's cute, so we forgive her. Even when she stinks. Like now!

Happy Birthday, Kimberly! You'll be catching up with me any day now. And I will get Scarlet's sock monkey in the mail to you soon. I meant to send it this week, but I spent quite a bit of the week at home sick.

The Otter and I are going thrifting with our friend Trina on Sunday. Otter finds some really great deals, she has an amazing eye for things. Not sure what she's looking for at the moment, but I'm sure that clothing & shoes will be on the top of her list! And books. She finds things that I don't even see when I'm standing right in front of them! If we find any good deals, I'll post about them and possibly pictures as well.

We have to change our hiding place! Bill found where we've been hiding the cookies. We've learned, if we want anything sweet to last then we have to hide it from him. He accidentally came across the oatmeal creme cookies yesterday, Otter takes them in her lunch and the box wasn't as well hidden as we thought. There might still be one or two left... I usually put things in the cookie jar like low-fat vanilla wafers, because he's going to eat them all at once anyway so they might as well be low-fat! He's got a worse sweet tooth than Dad had! And I didn't think that was possible. He'll even eat Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies and he doesn't like mint!

We had an interesting discussion tonight at the dinner table. It was about shopping. Specifically, about the fact that men just don't get it! Bill's comment is that women make too much of it, when it should just be a 5-minute run in-run out thing. He said that he always knows what he wants BEFORE he even leaves the house, gets it done quickly and it's over with. But that takes all the fun out of it! Besides, his version of shopping usually is to tell me what he wants and then I go get it for him! Sigh, men just don't understand...

We took the poochies for a walk this evening. And saw some huge canine footprints out where the coyotes were a couple of weeks back. Big ones. At least they weren't chupas! :)

No comments: