Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday. Warm. Last Day of Summer Weather!

Or at least the forecast says that today is the last day of summer temps. It's been in the 70's today, which really is not warm but is a little high for late October in NE Oklahoma. We could get rain tonight, and tomorrow is supposed to be rainy all day. The temperatures for the week are supposed to be in the 60's, low 60's I think. Some of the nights could get down into the 40's. It was pretty windy today.




I moved some of the iris bulbs today. I got the ones by the chain link fence on the east side of the yard and there were a few on the west side by the fence so I dug those up, too. The majority of the iris plants we have are purple, but there were a few yellow ones along the east fence. I'm not sure if I got those or if they didn't survive because they might have been choked out by the honeysuckle on the fence. I dug a trench by the back of the house, Otter planted the bulbs for me. They are pretty close together and they still filled up the space. There are a whole lot more irises by the three trees in the back yard, probably enough for several more trenches! At least 3, maybe 4. I'm not sure when I'm going to get the rest of them, a lot of it depends on the weather. But I do intend to get at least the ones from one of the trees and transplant them. I had a lot of help from Maggie, she sat beside me the entire time and watched! Bill thought that maybe she was trying to pick up pointers, since digging comprises a big part of her day. Otter also picked up all the small limbs from the front yard. Then she dumped the plants that are done for the year, most of the jalepeno plants & the bell pepper plant. They are now filling in dog holes. There are a couple of other plants that will get dumped soon, but not quite yet. Maggie needs to dig more holes so we have a place to put them.




This is one of those plastic yard art figurines, but it looks a great deal like Maggie usually does! Except that her tail is longer, and there is usually dirt flying. The second picture is probably more accurate. Notice the dirt pile behind the beagle and the fact that more is being added to it.


Bill's been working in the garage, there is now a clear path to Otter's workbench and he's nearly cleaned out the entire path from her workbench to the garage door. There are 5 bags of trash waiting for Tuesday, all from the garage. Lots of the trash is overhead projector parts from the overheads that don't work, we buy them as surplus and usually they work fine but there are always a few that don't. Bill's stripping them for parts to repair the ones he can fix, and the rejects have just been piling up. But now several of them are gone. Not all of them, there are still plenty out there and a whole bunch more in the shed. But at least there is some order in the garage now.

After Otter & I transplanted the iris bulbs, we decided to go shopping. We went to two thrift stores. She found a whole bunch of books at one, and I found two skirts. One is 2 sizes down from a year ago at this time. The other one is the next size smaller, which is 3 sizes down! I also found a small china tray with a decoration of bluebonnets, so of course I had to buy it. And I found some border, not wallpaper border but more like what a teacher would use as bulletin board border - TEXAS flag pattern so needless to day, it came home with me too! At the second thrift store, Otter found an item she wants to sell on eBay and another book.

It's only 5:30 as I post this, but it's getting dark early. It's been clouding up all afternoon, and the clouds are getting pretty dark. So maybe we will get some of that rain that we were promised. I did wash my car today, but the forecast already said rain. But the car was filthy! So it might not be my fault if it rains.

No comments: