Friday, October 19, 2007

Very Glad it's Friday!

It's been a busy week and I am very tired today. Monday seems to have lasted 5 days!

No sign of the stolen checks at any place other than the church. I have finally been able to order my new checks, they should be here in about a week. Wallyworld refused one of my temp checks today, they do take temp checks but not for new accounts. Or at least that was the excuse they gave me. Excuse me, it's not really a new account! And most temp checks are for new accounts anyway! I went to the ATM in the store and paid $2.00 extra just to be able to get the cash, so I could go pay for the groceries I was buying. If I had enough time to go elsewhere, I would have just walked off and left everything there. But I was really too tired to go anywhere else and I did not want to get worked up over it.

Otter went to work with me today, and then we went to the mall for a little while. She found a pair of pants and a headband. Then she was out of money! Don't you just hate it when that happens?!

I think that we are going to start moving the iris bulbs on Sunday. It's still kind of early, but with the strange weather this year I don't think that the plants are ever going to die down enough until it actually freezes. And I'm not willing to do that kind of yard work after it freezes. Besides, irises are pretty hard to kill so I'm not worried. The tulips won't be planted yet, though. I'd like to be able to plant them in a couple of weeks, but we'll just have to see. They don't have to wait until a freeze, but the ground does need to be a consistent cool temperature.

I took Otter and two of her friends to a local haunted house last night. It's put on by a church. The church was founded by a group of recovering drug addicts and their main focus is to keep kids from getting into the same kind of trouble that they were in. So their haunted house is not like a traditional one. Which we knew beforehand. Their version of scary things is still like a school shooting, teen suicide, car wreck caused by drunk driving, stuff like that. Oh yeah, they also have a part that deals with Hell. And at the end, there is a message about how you can avoid all of that, which is the Answer to all of life's problems - God. It's pretty good and very effective. Otter and her friends were absolutely terrified when they walked out, they were scared & shaking. Otter asked if she could sleep with me last night, so we moved into the living room. She told me that she never, ever wanted to go back there and she never wants to be scared like that again. This afternoon she's changed her tune - she might want to go back next year!

No comments: