Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ables

We have our own family language, I realized today that we frequently add the word "able" or "ables" to other words. Examples:

Eatable (we frequently use this word. Generally involving the dogs and things that they have in their mouths that are not eatable).
Petable (Otter told me this afternoon that Maggie is petable).
Intimidateable (something I'm not!)

Bill went to the rent house this afternoon, we decided to get the a/c checked before it was really needed. It needed freon, which it occasionally does. There is a leak, which we've known about for a while but it's not easily fixable. (There I go again, another able word). So it was charged with freon and now it's good to go for quite a while.

I saw that Sam's and a couple of other stores are limiting the amount of rice that they let people buy. Of course, they would have to do that when rice is on my grocery list! Rice, along with flour & sugar, is something that we buy a big bag of at Sam's. Then I it seal it in canning jars. That way, it keeps fresh and bug-free until I need it. The flour & sugar get stored in large plastic containers in the kitchen, since I use those a little more often. It takes us a long time to go through those big bags, but it works out to be much cheaper and also I don't run out as fast. I have a Sam's shopping trip planned for my lunch hour tomorrow, for rice, flour, sugar and bread flour. And probably a few other things when I get there! We don't shop at Sam's very often, but when we do it's always a big trip. But there is one just down the street a little ways from work so I should be able to get in and out and back to work in an hour.
I guess that's all for today!

No comments: