Friday, April 18, 2008

Tulips, Doves, Stuff

(Blogger is having problems separating paragraphs again today. It does that a lot.)

These were all taken today.


Mama dove on her nest, she's been up there for several days so we're pretty sure that there are eggs. She flew off as soon as we took the picture, but she never stays away very long.


The tulips! They could stand to be weeded, but I haven't bothered. The useless sentricon system is being pulled out next week and one of the stations is in the middle of the tulip bed.


You can see my shadow! Or at least the shadow of my head. The Queen of the Night bulbs finally bloomed.

I don't know the name of this particular tulip variety, but there are a few of them and they are very pretty.


We have quite an assortment of tulips this year. My camera battery needs to be recharged, so I didn't get any bluebonnet pictures. But they are blooming! Small blooms, but I'm happy that I have them at all.
Otter is much better, but she stayed home from school again today. She still has stiffness, but she's been on the medication and she's been using heat on her neck, as well as her excercises. She should be able to go to school on Monday, but no karate. In fact, she might not be at karate at all next week.
I am feeling better, but not 100% yet. I have very little voice - my boss has found all sorts of reasons to get me to talk today. He thinks it's funny, because I squeek. But he went and bought me some mints when he went to lunch, so I am not complaining. Too much, anyway. I'm just glad that it was quiet and the phone hardly rang! When I have had to talk, I have to just about yell to be heard. But tomorrow is Saturday and our rest day, so I'm not going to talk if I don't have to. I have been drinking warm things, but I am trying to avoid becoming mega-caffienated again so it's mostly been herbal teas and I stopped for hot chocolate after work. I bought a package of decaf tea bags today, I'll probably have a lot of it tomorrow!
Otter's having email problems again, if anyone has tried to email her lately. I'm not sure what the problem is, but her computer has frequent problems with getting email. It's kind of frustrating, but Bill will eventually figure out what the problem is. Or he'll wipe the entire thing and start over!
I weighed when I took Otter to the doctor yesterday. I'm still where I was in December, which is what I was trying to do. My left knee was really bothering me for a while there, which I've noticed it does when I'm losing weight. I think it's because it has to constantly adjust, so periodically I have been stopping the weight loss and trying to maintain for a while to give my knee time to "catch up." But I think I'm about ready to get back into losing, I've still got more to go. I'm very happy with where I am now, since it's 50 pounds less than where I was just over a year ago. I'm just not there yet. But I will be!
There is a very fat beagle on the floor! She's on her back, she's managed to wiggle her way to where her belly is under Otter's foot but she peeks over at me once in a while. I think she is hoping that I'll stop what I'm doing and join the belly-rub brigade! Spoiled rotten! I think Frasier might be in the living room, he was headed that way a little while ago. Probably taking advantage of his chance to take all the dog toys outside!
So, Froggy - got your tickets yet?

3 comments:

Jan said...

The tulips are lovely! I miss tulips!!! : )
Glad to hear Otter is feeling a bit better. It may take some time to get to 100%. Poor kiddo!

Jan

Anonymous said...

What is planted between the tulips?
I am waiting on a date from A&M. we should get it this week, then I will get my tickets. Yes, it looks like she finally made up her mind- A&M. There will be 2 aggies in my family. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

Weeds are what is planted between the tulips!