Thursday, April 10, 2008

OOOOOOOOOOOOklahoma Where the Wind Goes Rushing Down the Plains!

Actually, I think the line is about the wind roaring instead of rushing, but roaring wind up here generally means twisty bad things.
This is one of those typical spring days in OK. A non-stormy day, but still typical. I'm not sure what the wind gusts are up to now, but this is the type of day when you have to hold onto your small children or they'll fly away! Or attach an anchor to them, whatever works. Maybe rocks.

We had a huge amount of rain fall between yesterday afternoon and this morning. I'm not sure how much rain we actually had, but it was quite a bit. There were a lot of roads closed due to high water and the school district even shut down today, because there was so much water on the roads that the buses wouldn't have been able to run. It was really bad, parts of the city were flooded out.

Otter went to work with me today, since she had an unexpected day off. She made $6.00 and I bought her lunch at Subway, so I don't think she's complaining. I also took her to the library after work, as usual she got her weight in books.

Of course, our home phone was out this morning. Just like the last time we had a thunderstorm. Could have been lightning, but my guess is that it was probably because of all the water. Because the phone started working, once everything started to dry out. Just like it did the last time.

I have a beagle parked on the floor beside me. She's laying on one side, her feet are sticking straight out, one ear is flopped over and she's staring up at me intently. I think that the feet straight out might mean that she thinks it's time for a belly rub, but she's going to have to wait. Frasier just came in and started grooming her again, stem to stern as usual, so she probably won't mind waiting. She looks really funny at the moment.

My bluebonnets are just beginning to bloom! They are not very big and the blooms will be small but small is better than none! I'm thinking that I might not find any at Lowe's this year anyway, from what I've heard the bluebonnets aren't going to have a spectacular year anyway, in their natural habitat - TEXAS. Something to do with rain - either too much when not needed or not enough when needed. So I'm just going to enjoy my small ones as long as I can. I'll try to remember to get a couple of pictures of them in a day or so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Texas didn't get enough rain this spring to have very many bluebonnets. We did have a few. I bought some but they have not bloomed either. Froggy