Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Kind of Slow Middle of the Week

But at least the middle of the week means that it's that much closer to Friday! And to Bill's mom's visit, which we are eagerly awaiting. Otter is extremely excited, her Nana will be here the day after tomorrow and she's having trouble waiting for Friday to get here.

So since Otter is so antsy, I redirected all that energy - Otter got to help clean tonight! I'd been after her to organize her closet and a there were a few things she needed to get done in her room and I took advantage of her excitement today. Now all her chores in her room are done! Otter did tell me yesterday that she was having a cleaning fit and that she blamed me for passing that particular character trait down to her - I had her dusting the back of the couch and she couldn't seem to stop cleaning. Works for me!

It was a little rainy this afternoon, and we could still get more tonight. Tomorrow could be very dicey, we have a good chance of a "typical spring storm" hitting. Those aren't good. We had one on Monday also, the really bad stuff went north and south of us but we got quite a bit of rain.

Another fun website: http://ihasahotdog.com/ This one is really funny and it is updated pretty often.

Here's another one: http://www.disapprovingrabbits.com/ It's cute, but then it's got bunnies on it and they are always cute!

Bill got Otter pretty bad with April Fool's stuff yesterday. He first told her that her newly raised allowance would be doubled, which she believed for about 30 seconds - then she realized her was pulling her leg and she got all over him about it. Later on, he told her that she could stay up an hour past her normal bedtime and she said that she knew he was just pulling an April Fool's prank - except that she completely missed the part where he DID NOT say April Fool's. So she went to bed at her normal time last night. This morning, I asked her if she realized that he did not say it was an April Fool's joke and she realized that she probably could have gotten by with it - she was not amused! Usually she catches on to him pretty quickly, I think he deliberately engineered that particular joke so that she would not figure it out until this morning. He'd better watch his step, she's a redhead and a Texan Woman in training!

Bluebonnet Update: Two of my naturalized bluebonnets look they have buds on them, the third one might but I can't tell yet. I'm happy about it, and I hope that they will self-seed, since they came off of last year's plants self-seeding.
And the tulip bed is doing great, Otter's had a few bloom already and there are a bunch more that are just about to bloom. The daffodils that are in the tulip bed are blooming nicely, the daffodils in the front yard are already finished with their blooming cycle for this year and I think I'll transplant them to another part of the yard this fall - if I remember! I was going to move them last year but I forgot about them.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Oh my goodness! I went to that first link you had up...with the dogs...I laughed and laughed! Sooo funny!

Jan