Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Wet. Cold. What Happened to Spring?

I probably should not be complaining. Spring can be a dangerous time in NE OK! But it is cold and kind of yucky outside. It's been raining for a couple of hours. Otter was soaked, just from the walk from the bus stop to the front door. She was dripping wet, so she changed from her wet clothes to her pj's. 3:30 and she is ready for bed already! Actually, I think she had a good idea.

Froggy commented on an earlier blog about our Aunt Jessie calling bikini's "bikimis". I must confess that I do not remember that. But it sounds like something she would have said. She was a very special person and a very big influence on all of us.

More of the tulips are beginning to bloom, it seems like mostly red but there are a few more yellow ones. Some of them look like they might be a different shade of red, and possibly there are a couple of darker ones. There are supposed to be several that are a dark color, I forget the name but it was possibly something like Midnight and they should have blackish blooms. The pictures on the package were very pretty, and it would really be nice to have what we paid for. But we are enjoying them as they are, this is one of the better years for Otter's tulips.
The new trees seem to be doing well, in fact Bill thinks that the redbud has already grown a bit. I think he's right about that. The two in the front look very good, I think that they are very happy trees!

I was pretty busy at work, but I got just about everything done today. I had several little projects that are the result of not being there Monday and Tuesday but I handled everything. It's just about tax time, so the accountant had a bunch of stuff that she needed from me and I've been busy with that most of the day. I'm very glad that I am not still on jury duty.
I have two dogs parked on the floor beside me. Frasier is grooming Maggie. He started at one end and is working his way to the other end. Maggie has the most blissful expression on her face. In fact, she's nearly comatose! I have a suspicion that they have been curled up in the garage all day, since they have almost no access to the bigger part of the yard during the day I've noticed that the kitchen floor is staying cleaner longer. Which is never a bad thing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We took the prom dress to a lady in our neighborhood for alterations. She does sewing in her house and babysits her gradchildren. This made me remember Jessie and all the sewing she did for other people. She taught me a lot but most of it I don't remember. I wish I had listened more and now knew more about sewing. Froggy