Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It's the Middle of the Week!

I'm stuck on titles again. In case anyone has any suggestions!

I'm still coughing, but not as bad. I took pity on Bill and slept on the couch last night, so at least one of us could get some sleep. Of course, that meant that I got visited by a large, furry dog with bad breath several times! Tonight, he'll just have to put up with me and the coughing - he can consider it payback for the snoring I have to listen to! :)

Frasier has been very clingy this afternoon, for some reason. Maybe because he heard me getting on the Magginator when I caught her with her head in the trash can, she was attempting to eat a plastic wrap that formerly had graham crackers in it.

I ran a couple of errands after work and got home about the same time the bus should have dropped Otter off. About 5 minutes later, she calls me from school to see if I can come get her as none of the buses had arrived. By the time I got to school, it was 3:30 and the buses were just getting there. Her bus didn't go by our house until nearly 4:00. She usually gets home at 3:20. One of her friends heard that there had been an accident involving ONE bus, and that the rest were delayed because of that. Doesn't make sense to me, but we don't really know the entire story.

Of course, as soon as Otter and I got home and were getting out of the car the skies opened up. And as soon as we made it to the covered porch, the rain stopped.

Bax, when Froggy (my sister) is here we'll go to Braum's in your honor and eat ice cream for you. But I don't want the calories that go along with it! Braum's aren't in S. Texas, either. Braum's is probably the first place on her list for when she visits.

I went to Wallyworld at lunch today. Among other things, I bought 6 yards of Kanji printed fabric for Otter. I'm sure she'll find a use for it, she was very happy to see it. (Kanji is Japanese writing). This was a different Wallyworld than I usually go to, and I noticed that their fabric department is just as shrunken as the rest of them seem to be. They don't even have people specifically for that department anymore, the man that cut the fabric for me normally works in automotive. I bought the entire bolt of fabric, by the way!

I also filled up my car today. My checkbook still hasn't quit screaming. (Save the bad oil company lectures please, I work for one. And they aren't the enemy!).

I saw an article about how teens have discovered thrift stores for clothing. Apparently, it's dawned on people that thrifting is a type of recycling. I figured that out years ago! And so did Otter, she finds all sorts of name-brand, new, stylish, nice clothing at thrift stores. She enjoys thrifting as much as I do.
The hummingbirds are here! We saw the first one yesterday. Well, that was the first confirmed one. I thought I saw one fly to one of the trees a couple of days ago, but I wasn't really sure. But now I think that I did see one. The one yesterday was on the feeder. I'll put the rest of the feeders up in the next few days.

And Froggy, we'll have to hit a few while you're here.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Whenever I sleep on the couch I always wake up to our Maggie looking me straight in the eye...nose to nose! Kinda scary!
You eat a big ol' ice cream cone for me at Braum's....email all the calories my way! : )

Jan