Sunday, April 27, 2008

Monkey See, Monkey Do (Toadles Relatives)

We've been to the zoo today! Toadles, you have lots of cousins out there. Of the chimp variety. There are two babies, both born last spring/summer and they are really cute. (For the record, I do not believe in evolution. Except in Toadles case, and then it's backwards - he's de-evolving!) :) It was a very pretty day, slight breeze and lots of sunshine. It wasn't too crowded, but there were still quite a few people out there today. There is a temporary exhibit this year, Australian Birds. Not really worth the extra $ to get in, if I want to feed a parakeet I can do so in Otter's room. But it was still fun. The otters were very active today, my Otter spent quite a bit of time watching them and they seemed to know that they had an audience. I have sore feet, but it was worth it.

Froggy, 2 months until you visit! Can you tell I'm kind of excited about it?

Movie review: Cloverfield. Not your typical monster movie, but it was not bad. It was a lot better than I expected. Kind of a surprise ending. It was shot as if it was filmed by a guy with a camcorder who was filming a party and then all the exciting, monstery stuff happened. I probably would have been disappointed to pay full price at the theater (I usually am), but it was a good movie to rent. Definitely a popcorn movie. Of course, Otter thinks that they all are!

With it being spring, most of the trees are now green although some of them are still in the blooming stage. It's very obvious the amount of damage that the trees sustained in last December's ice storm. It wasn't as obvious when the trees were still bare, but now you can really tell where there is damage. Especially at the park that the zoo is part of. There are still piles of limbs waiting to be picked up. We saw several spots at the zoo where trees had been cut down.
Off to go surf the internet now! FYI: We are having email problems (again!), so if you don't get an answer from us please do not assume that we are ignoring you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Bible class Teacher recommends the movie with/by Ben Stein. I think it is called Expelled or something like that. One of the ladies in my class saw it and also recommends it.
I'm excited about my visit also.
Froggy