Friday, April 04, 2008

Bloom Where You're Planted

These are some shots of the tulip bed. Otter's very happy that so many are coming up this year, and they are blooming prettily. But we bought an assortment of colors and mixed the bulbs up, however you can't tell by looking at the bed!


I love daffodils, so they are usually planted along with the tulips. Daffys come back each year, and they spread so I'm happy. They have been blooming for a while, they are beginning to fade but they are still nice. Otter said that these three grouped together look like back-up dancers to the tulip in front of them.



I'm ready for my close-up!



They look taller than they actually are. But we don't care if they are short plants!


As you can see, they are all red! There are a few that have buds that might be yellow and several that haven't quite gotten to the bud stage so we might still have other colors.



This is the first naturalized bluebonnet that I discovered, it's in the half barrel planter and has a nice bud starting in the middle.



This is the second one I found, it has a good bud on it also. There is a third bluebonnet, but it's smaller and doesn't have a bud yet.

I looked at Lowe's last night and they don't have a lot yet. They have more than they had a couple of weeks ago, but no bluebonnets or hostas yet. My hostas in the front aren't up yet, I hope that they survived the winter. I'd like to add a few more to fill out that area a bit, assuming that they come up this year!

We went to Lowe's to look at trees and nearly bought one but decided to wait until we've checked at a few other places. We want to be sure we get healthy trees, when we do buy them. We are looking for two for the front - one will be beside the driveway and one will be in about the middle of the front yard. We aren't sure yet about the back, but we'll probably put a tree out there somewhere.

More pictures will be posted as things bloom, especially my bluebonnets!

No comments: