Monday, April 28, 2008

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm


We have hummingbirds now. Please note that I said birds plural. I saw one chase another one away from the feeder this evening, so I put two more feeders up just now. I still have three more hooks where I had feeders last year, I just won't get feeders up on those until they are needed. The picture is one from last year, or possibly the year before when we had so many. Sorry it's blurry, but they are impossible to catch when they are still! I had to sit out by the feeder with the camera ready for a very long time to even get the pictures I did.

Our email problems are solved. Hopefully for good, but you never know! Bill spent quite a bit of time on the phone to our service provider, he called a few times yesterday and even in the middle of the night last night. On the rare occasions that he wasn't cut off during the extremely long hold process, he was connected with someone in India. Someone in India who spoke bad English over a bad connection! They all told him the same thing to do, which was not the problem. Eventually, today, he got an answer that said it was the software and not their problem. Except that he knew it wasn't the software. So that meant another round of numerous phone calls until he finally let his Inner Texan come out and play. Which immediately got him transferred to a higher level technician and then from there to a supervisor. Who told him exactly what to do to fix the problem! So now we can email again. Just about filled up my inbox this afternoon, with all the email that had not been delivered over the last few days.

After he got through dealing with the email problem, Bill had planned on mowing the lawn. But Frasier had other plans - the dog chewed through the pull cord that starts the lawn mower! And he also left tooth marks in the rubber handle to the pull cord. I have absolutely no idea what he did that for. He's not afraid of the lawn mower, and it wasn't an easy thing for him to reach. We found a replacement at Wallyworld, Bill is going to fix it tomorrow and then mow. And I don't know what he's going to do to protect it from the dog this time! Short of turning the dog into a rug, that is.

It's the end of the world as we know it! Bill de-cluttered his desk! I almost don't recognize his corner of the office. Of course, there is now a pile of stuff that was formerly on his desk that has just suddenly appeared on my desk with no explanation...

I went thrifting after work today. Among other things, I added to Otter's Steven King book collection. Today's selection is Carrie, the one about the telepathic girl. I've never actually read it, but I'm going to. I prefer the older works over his newer stuff.

I have another craft project. Like I really needed another one! But since I cleaned out some of my craft stuff last weekend, I needed something to take up the space on my shelf. I think I'm going to make a windchime. I have one that I got a couple of years ago, it was a double windchime had a lovely tone. I had it out on the trellis in the back yard and it was so nice to hear it when it was breezy. But it apparently was meant to be more of a decorative one than a functional one, the strings basically biodegraded on it and it came apart. Remember the small glass bowls for potpourri that were popular a few years back? They had pewter lids that were not solid, they resembled open carvings. I have one of the jars with a hummingbird (what else?) lid and I found just a lid at one of the thrift stores today. For 49 cents, I'm not about to pass up a hummingbird related item! Anyway, I'm thinking that I can use it as the top to a windchime, I can use fishing line or similar to hang the chimes from it. At least a few of the chimes, the windchime that came apart had quite a few chimes on it. If it works, I'll post a picture. But I need to get some fishing line, or see what Bill has out in the black hole he calls a garage. Actually, the chimes might be too heavy for the lid I want to use. But I'll come up with something!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have one of those lids. You gave it to me. Let me know how yours works and then I will make a windchime also.
I have 2 hummers. They are fighting over territory now. One sits on the branches of the tree next door. I am going to take the binoculars out and see if I can spot him sitting in the tree.
Fgoggy