Sunday, January 17, 2010

2nd Sunday - Pictures Pictures Pictures

This is Bonita, Otter's creature. Bonita is spanish for pretty.


Kid#3's hat. And my arms/hand. It matches the scarf I made for Kid#3, same yarn but a different stitch.

My hat. And the aforementioned limbs. The yarn matches the scarf I made for myself a while back, then frogged and redid completely different! The stitch is different, it's the same as Kid#3's hat pattern/stitch. It was a really fun project.



This is the latest scarf I made for Otter. It wasn't quite finished in this picture, I added fringe to it after the picture was taken. It's about twice as long as a standard scarf, at her request.


A closer view. This yarn was lovely, until I started working with it. Lion Brand, I think - I think it's called suede but we usually refer to it as velour or chenille. I'd call it something else, but I don't say those words! It went together wonderfully, it's soft & Otter says it's very warm. So I would consider making something else out of it.


The pouch I made for Virginia. It's not quite finished, I discovered that I'm out of the pearl buttons I use to make the closure. Also, this one is done slightly differently from the previous ones - it's turned "sideways" and I think it turned out well. I got the yarn last week, I'd been looking for a special one for her and I found it at Hobby Lobby. It's called Candy Corn! I still have plenty, I'll find a use for it eventually.

The scarf is from a couple of weeks back, I made it when we were on vacation over Christmas and the next week. It took me a couple of days, scarves don't normally take long but the yarn was so hard to work with. The other stuff was all yesterday's projects. I started the hat for Kid#3 Friday evening and finished it on Saturday, then I did mine start to finish in a couple of hours yesterday. Virginia's pouch only took me about 30 minutes yesterday.
Kid#3, I'll be mailing your hat to you at your college address. Sometime this week, I'll email Froggy and let her know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job. The hats look good. Vanna White's yarn is easy to work with. It is called Vanna's Choice and is sold at Hobby Lobby, and maybe other places. My knitting teacher likes it.
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

Now that I've looked at the two caps, I see that mine is different. It is too big and I was thinking about how I could make it smaller. But now that I've looked at the two pictures, I see that I made them differently. I know what I did, I kept mixing up what row I was on when I did mine and did too many enlarging rows. I am probably going to frog it and redo it. It won't be hard or take me too long, but it will looke more like Kid#3's in shape when I get done.
Froggy, I have seen the Vanna White yarn but I haven't found a color I want to work with yet. It is soft and looks like it's good quality yarn. I'm just trying to use up some of my vast supply before I get any more, unless it's for a specific project like Virginia's. At least, that my intention today!

Anonymous said...

What are you making for Virginia?
Vanna White yarn does have a beautiful slightly variegated purple. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

Go back and look at the picture about the words! It's a pouch, like the one I made Joanne and the one I made for you and the one I made for... (I make a lot of them!)