Thursday, January 07, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside! (Edited)

And I'm so glad I'm inside.

Of course, the inside I'm referring to is home.

I did try to go to work today. But neither of the two cars in my driveway wanted me to do that. I think I have a dead battery in my car, the Impala. It wouldn't start, but it didn't act like it was because it's so cold. The El Camino, however, just plain doesn't like the cold! And it won't start for anything.

Not that I blame it!

Bill leaves for work at 6:00 a.m. I don't have to leave until about 7:30. I love my remote start feature, and I generally start the car about 10 minutes before I need to leave when it's really cold. Like today. It was 15 degrees when we got up this morning, but it is very windy and I think it's a safe bet to say that we've already reached our high for the day. I've tried a couple of times to get my car started, and it's not cooperating. So, I am home today with the Otter and two furry stinky dogs. Bill wasn't where he could come home and get me, and I did thinking about calling somebody for a ride but I have the time to take off so I decided to just use a day. When Bill gets home this evening, he's going to look at my car and then we'll most likely have to go buy me a new battery.

Wish the car would have done this yesterday, when it was at the mechanics!

Since I've been home, I've gotten all my laundry done and also cleaned the kitchen. And made a loaf of bread. And did a little crochet, which was difficult because of my winter skin. And watched the news on tv at noon. And played with two doggies. And visited with Otter, although she didn't get up until close to 10:00!

Not that I blame her. It was a good morning to sleep in. She gets another one tomorrow. Although I probably won't be waiting for her to wake up since I anticipate being at work, and I won't do the chores that were originally on her list. Lucky girl!
(Edit) It was the battery. Bill got home a little early, pulled the old battery out of the car and we took it to the auto parts store to be tested. Which took a while, as their tester wasn't working right. They eventually got a reading, and it was bad. So we bought a new one, brought it home and Bill put it in. The car started right up. And it's colder than it was this morning.

No comments: