Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Salsa

This is fun, coming up with different condiment names for Sunday posts. Otter has several suggestions which will be used in the future, and Bill has a few as well. (Even though this is "my" blog, all three of us contribute to it.) Today, it's salsa time!

Even though our anniversary isn't officially until Tuesday, we went out to eat to celebrate it today. We went to Chili's, which used to be my favorite but Bill was never all that wild about. When we started discussing where to go, he suggested Chili's because he knows how much I used to enjoy it. So that's where we went. It was actually very good, and Bill said it was much better than it used to be. Of course, the one we went to today is 500 miles north of the ones we used to go to that he didn't like! Which, I have to say, is good because the Chili's we used to eat at in SA had really gone downhill. I had quesadillas, which was my favorite "Chili's before" meal and Bill had a bacon cheeseburger with fries. Otter had chicken strips with fries and it also came with corn on the cob. We also had lots and lots of chips and salsa before the meal. Otter and I have leftovers in the fridge, which will probably be eaten tonight if anybody is actually hungry. Which might not happen, we didn't eat until 2:00 and we had quite a bit to eat even with getting take-home boxes. Bill said that he probably should have stopped before he finished his huge burger and gotten a take-home box as well. The service was also very good, which is one of the things we judge by.

Since then, Bill's gone back to doing what he was doing before we left - working on a pachinko machine. He's actually working on my machine, he gave me this one because I like the face of it so much. Which I thought was very nice! He's nearly through with it, then he isn't sure if he's going to get another one torn down to redo or if he's going to start working on the frame so that he can put the two he's through with inside so they can be played.

Otter got her regular Sunday chore done (cleaning out the dog yard) which she hates, but it needs to be done. Especially when they haven't been let out in the big yard too much. I cleaned the fireplace, which was pretty dirty. It's not my favorite job and Bill usually does it but I volunteered for it this time so he could enjoy his chore - well, it's not really a chore. He loves to work on those machines. I've also been doing laundry. Otter and I each have a bathroom to clean, which will get done sometime today. Since it's 4:30 now, we are probably running out of "some time today" but they will get done today.

The dogsters got some back yard play time this afternoon. It's been either too cold, wet or windy for us to be outside much and I've really missed it. I need my outside time as much as the dogs! So, while Otter was cleaning their yard up we let them out and they ran non-stop for about 30 minutes. They chased each other and then I played with them for a while. I don't run with them, my knee would probably just fall off if I did that but I stayed in one place and they almost acted like they were playing tag - and I was frequently it! Then they started sniffing everything in the yard to see if anything had changed, Frasier found something to roll in and then they just sat and watched us work. I cleaned out a lot of debris from the rock garden. Roof debris, the roof was replaced in early December if that gives you an idea of how long it's been since I've really been able to be outside!

Froggy, I commented after you commented on my post which showed the hats & Otter's sewing creation. Basically, I realized that my hat didn't look like Kid#3's and that I'd messed up a few rows. I had problems with it, I was watching tv at the time and usually I can do both. But when I'm working on something that involves counting stitches, counting rows and changing stitches, it doesn't always work. I went back and looked at my cap and saw where I'd gone off pattern on it. I decided to just frog the entire thing and start over. It will probably use more yarn than I originally did, so the frogged yarn was balled up and will be put on Bill's blanket I'm making. I have a lot more of that yarn, so I'll start with a fresh ball and do it right this time.

Also, Froggy - the Hobby Lobby ad here has yarn on sale. I don't know if you have the same ads that we get, but if you do you might want to go check out their yarn department. I have some yarn in mind that I wanted but since I didn't have a project, I haven't bought it yet. But since it's on sale for about half off, I'm going to get it. I'm picking Otter up from school tomorrow and then we're going to Hobby Lobby. The yarn I want is very soft and fuzzy, it's made from bamboo. I'll find a project for it, or keep it until I come up with one. It looks like it's going to be fun yarn.
Otter just reported to me that my dog is dead to the world. Well, he was pretty tired when they came in. Maggie Moo was sitting by the love seat, she was actually leaning on it, and she looked very happy but also very tired when I was walking by her. I'd say that the doggies had a good day!

No comments: