Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Honey Mustard

Today's title also courtesy of Otter!

It's still fairly cold, but I think it might be above freezing. It's sunny anyway, and not windy. Next week should be cold nights with above freezing days so maybe we'll see the end of the white spots by the end of the week. Hope so, anyway!

Otter and I saw the first Robin of the year just now. It was standing in the street. Froggy saw a hummingbird in her yard a couple of days ago. We also saw a flock of geese heading north this afternoon. The geese were low enough that they could have just been pond hopping. I refilled my bird feeders yesterday morning - while it was very cold and also snowing. There were several cardinals, a few chickadees, some sparrows, a bunch of starlings (vermin!) and a woodpecker. We haven't seen the squirrel in a few days, but he likes to haunt the feeder at the end of the trellis because he can climb down to it. He does try to get to the feeders on the metal poles, but he winds up doing the squirrel version of pole dancing! It's funny to watch, he keeps trying and eventually will figure it out. They are smart animals, at least when it comes to getting food.

Willie and I went to Talequah this afternoon. Froggy - we were pretty close to the Cherokee place we went to last summer. He now has 3 more pachinko machines in his collection. I'm not sure, but I think he's now got around 7 of them. These were in fairly good shape, he'll have to clean them and that can be labor-intensive and time consuming, but they seem to be in good working order. Bill's just happy that they were too big for the cars, it gave him a chance to take the White Lightning out and cruise down the highway. I think the car enjoyed the run, I know the driver did! (No, he didn't let me drive this time. Darn.)
No more Fenton finds lately, but I haven't been anywhere to look for it since our vacation week. Weather & car issues kept me from shopping! But I have managed to get a lot of crochet projects done. I finished one throw pillow yesterday, it has different varigated colors on each side and I am nearly finished with the throw pillow that Bill requested - camoflauge yarn to match the quilt he made. I'm making an effort to get a few UFO's taken care of. (Un Finished Objects). I had put them aside to make a few things for Christmas.
Movie review: Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. It was kind of cute, but don't see it if you are expecting it to be like the wonderful children's book that Otter loved when she was young. The story was ok, but it was refreshing to watch a movie for once that didn't have much of an agenda. But other than the title, it doesn't have much in common with the original story.
I guess that's it for today. Not much went on this week, just work and weather and car issues. And crochet, of course.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any progress on a hat for child3
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

No, it's on my list as soon as I get my UFO's finished. And I think I'm making a hat for myself and possibly one for Billyboy - but he says he has to approve the colors first. Guess he's afraid I'll make it pink camo!