Friday, January 01, 2010

First Friday of 2010

2010 starts with Friday! It's gotta be a good year! :)


It also started with a little Fenton, I found a match holder which resembles a bucket at a store yesterday when I found the Rose piece. The match holder originally came with a metal handle, they are not really common pieces anymore and finding them with the handle is even less common. It's green, really a pretty piece. Today, Otter wanted to go to a "junktique" store we love and they had a match holder in amber with the handle. Needless to say, it came home with me. I now have two match holders, so I'm probably set as far ast they go. I also saw a few other pieces I liked but either had enough of already (rare for that too happen!) or they were out of my preferred price range.


I've noticed something recently. While I am still seeing a lot of milk glass, not just Fenton but frequently in the hobnail pattern, it seems like I'm seeing more and more clear colors in Fenton but again, not just Fenton. I'm thinking that the collecting trend is changing, away from milk glass and towards clear colors. Which is fine with me!


It's still cold, it's coat weather mostly. But it's also sunny and even though we're still below freezing, we've been above a couple of times and with the sunshine the snow is melting. Which means that muddy season is starting. As Frasier and Maggie can attest! When Otter and I got home from our errands, we let the dogs in. And then we promptly had to tackle Frasier and clean his feet! He was not amused, and he immediately ran back outside to refill his feet with plenty of mud. We had to let the carpet spots dry, then Otter ran the vacuum and it looks good for now. But probably not for long!


It's been a good vacation. We've gotten a lot of stuff done around the house, had plenty of family time and really enjoyed Christmas. Otter and I did manage to get quite a bit of shopping in, of course! We got another piece for her bathroom today, all she needs now is a trash can and I'm going to repaint the shelf & kleenex box cover. It's turning out really nicely, the burgundy shower curtain is a really good color and it looks very nice.

Well, Bill just informed me that he's heading out to the garage to do some de-cluttering so I guess I'd better go with him. It's less stressful that way! At least, for me that is. :)

Happy New Year!

No comments: