Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Tabasco Sauce

Otter's suggestion!

It's been a busy week. It was a good one, just kind of busy.

There is still snow everywhere, but the streets are mostly clear now. Even the neighborhood, there are patches of ice but they aren't covered solidly like after the last ice storm. We got out today, we would have cleared off the cars even if we didn't get out. I sent Otter out to the driveway with the pushbroom, to clear the bulk of the snow off of my car. With the remote start feature, it didn't take too long for me to clear the windshields. Bill's car has been broomed off, but he didn't work on the windshields. He said he'll do that in the morning. I did offer to help him but he said he'd rather wait until tomorrow since he'll have to warm the car up anyway and that will give him something to do while it's warming. His car doesn't have the remote start so he'll have to actually start it and the door locks don't work if the key is in the ignition. Which is great to not be locked out accidentally, but it means that someone has to either be sitting in the car or standing out there when it's running to warm up.

We finished our taxes this morning. We came out a whole lot better than I thought we would. This is the earliest we've ever gotten them done, we usually get our taxes ready in early February but we got all the information in that we needed so Bill did them this morning.

I never did get my bird feeders filled. I was going to get them filled up Friday morning, but the rain-snow-ice was falling all day and the birds were not in evidence. So yesterday, I headed out the back door to retrieve the feeders and realized that they were solidly attached to the poles. There was quite a bit of ice on each feeder, and I was afraid I would break them trying to get them off the poles. So I tossed a huge amount of birdseed out on the deck and out on the ground. There have been birds out there ever since. We've seen quite a few chickadees and some cardinals. Just a few sparrows this time. No doves lately, but there were plenty of starlings. Have I mentioned how much I detest starlings? Vermin!

We rented the movie District 9 to watch yesterday. It was rated R, but that was probably because of the language. It had a little violence but not too bad. The story itself was just not that good. I think Otter liked it, but I was pretty bored. Last Saturday, we watched the movie 9, the one about the stuffed dolls not the musical Nine. 9 was ok, it was not the best but the story was interesting. I think that I would have been disappointed with both of them, had we seen then in the theater.

Bill's been busy in the garage, cutting wood for the pachinko frames and he also said he had another project that he started a long time ago but was going to get it finished today. No idea what it is!

I was going to post my January book list, but it's not in front of me at the moment. I will probably get it posted tomorrow. I still have a pretty good stack of books to read that I haven't gotten to yet, Otter and I went to the library last Wednesday before hitting the grocery store in advance of the snow & ice. Groceries are very important to stock up on, but so are books! If you ask Otter, she'll probably say that books are the most important.

No comments: