Friday, January 29, 2010

3rd Cold Friday Update

And probably the final tone today.

It's still cold. It is, in fact, snowing and has been for hours. There are several inches of the white stuff on the ground, I don't know what the official tally is at this point but we've easily got 3 or 4 inches. I know this because I just came in from getting firewood and the snow level on my legs was 4". But it's still coming down and I think it will be for a long time.

Otter has placed a bowl outside on a table on the deck, with the intention of making snow ice cream. But that's the only time she's been outside today. I have been out a couple of times, to take the picture this morning and then 3 trips to get wood. Bill made a couple of trips outside this morning, to get the paper and then he also brought in wood. But we haven't gone anywhere at all and it's been nice.

Now, I'm going to go start dinner. Homemade chicken noodle soup.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good good on a cold day. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

The soup was very good! We followed it with dessert of snow ice cream. See my cooking blog for the recipe.