Friday, January 29, 2010

First Cold Friday Update

I say First because it's 6:30 in the morning and I'll probably have more to say later!

I'm on my second cup of coffee, so I can at least form somewhat complete thoughts.

We have power! There have been some outages but not in our general area. The ice was not as thick as originally predited, but it could still become a problem later on. But for now, it's not an issue at least as far as electricity is concerned. The roads, however, are a problem. We have not ventured out but have been watching the news. Bill had already told his boss he would like today as a vacation day, but they are officially closed now so he isn't having to use the vacation time. I'm going to call in as well, but not quite this early.
We're iced in now, but there is snow on the way. As cold as it is, I think I'll take a page out of Fraiser's book today. He's curled up, asleep. Dog's smart! He's conserving his energy, or at least that's today's excuse. But I think he's got the right idea.

I did not write this, but it is appropriate:

"SNOWklahoma, Where the cold front's sweepin' down the plain, And the piles of sleet, beneath your feet Follow right behind the freezing rain...SNOW…….klahoma....... We know we belong to the land, But it could use some more salt and more sand, That’s why we say…..WHOA! We’re sliding the other way…YIKES!...............We’...re o...........nly sayin’ You’re slick as s--t SNOWklahoma SNOWklahoma SNOW-K-L-A-H-O-M-A SNOWklahoma, SNOW-K!"

It's about right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good day to get some crocheting done.
Stay warm.Froggy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.