Sunday, January 03, 2010

Sunday Soy Sauce

Today's title suggested by Otter!

I'm not glad that this week is over. It's been a good vacation. I like my job. I just don't want to go back to it yet! But real life starts tomorrow, sigh.

I forgot to mention in my last post that the Fenton match holder I bought (for next to nothing) was cracked at the bottom. But since I wanted the handle, and it was very cheap (always good!), it wasn't a big deal. I took the handle off and put it on the green one anyway, which was my original plan. At the moment, the amber kettle is sitting on the entertainment center with the rest of the Fenton. But it might eventually be moved out to the garage, where I have several assorted pieces of broken glass (some is Fenton) which will - eventually/one of these years/someday/maybe/if I ever get around to it - be used in a mosaic project I have in mind.

We're having a home day today. We had planned on going to church, but we didn't watch the clock and it was too late by the time we realized it. So we stayed home and are doing stuff around the house instead. Otter and I have been doing laundry and I helped Bill with some reorganizing/cleaning out in the garage. We had to make a little room for something out there, so I took advantage and swept. It was pretty bad!

Bill's also playing with his toy, which means he's working on refurbishing another pachinko machine. He finished the first one, it looks great and is now shrink-wrapped and stored in the garage. When he gets them all finished, he's going to start building a case/cabinet for them and they'll be moved into the office at that point. Which will mean that he'll have to clean off the shelf unit that holds some of his misc. junk such as labels we don't use much anymore, postage scale, general clutter. I think he's going to move the shelf out to the shed or possibly put it in the garage attic since he's badly in need of shelving up there. But that's not for a while, there are a whole lot of steps to cleaning up the machines and fixing anything that might be broken. Until then, he's got a hobby that shouldn't require the use of too many power tools which is always a Good Thing with Willie.

We still have some snow on the ground, it's probably not going to be above freezing for several days so it will hang around. If we get enough sun, it will start to melt again but I think we're in for cloudy days this next week. There was more snow last night, but we just got a trace amount. However, the bird feeders are now empty again so Otter and I might get them refilled this afternoon. Glad I bought 40 pounds of birdseed last week when Atwood's had it on sale!

And since it is still so cold, like I need an excuse, I'm going to make chili. With buffalo. It's really good. Otter wants to know, what do buffalo say? Moo?

No comments: