Friday, January 29, 2010

Second Cold Friday Update

First things first, a few pictures. Captions are underneath the pictures they describe.

I was standing on my front porch when I took this one, looking east. It's a tree limb from one of the remaining trees in my front yard, and a Rose of Sharon bush that is at the corner of the house is visible behind the tree limb. Also, the corner of the house and the window that is on my right side as I type! There is a tree visible behind the bush. It's just barely on my property line.

The snow has only been falling about an hour but the ground is cold enough that it's beginning to stick. The streets are beginning to get white covered as well. We had discussed attempting to go to the post office, but then it started snowing and the news report was that streets which were semi-passable earlier were deteriorating so we changed our minds. I was thinking that maybe I should attempt to go in to work, but now I'm glad that I didn't even try.


I took this picture from my dining room window. This is one of the chairs on the back deck, it's covered in icicles.




This picture was also taken from the dining room window. The tree limbs have a good 1/2" of ice coating them. The ice is covereing the buds that the tree started sprouting the other day when it got warm. The snow was falling pretty good, but the flakes didn't show up in the picture.



Frasier! He's being a camel in this shot - he had his face in the water dish for a good 5 minutes. Then he went back to his nap.




Maggie Moo! She was looking at me with a really cute expression, then as soon as I started to take the picture she looked away. Guess she wasn't in a posing mood after all.



I'm going back to this in a few minutes. Bill's working on the first frame for a pachinko machine, it's visible in the corner of the picture.

Prayer request: Miss Dorothy is back in the hospital again. She's been doing pretty well lately but has had some issues possibly related to her medication. The nurse was there yesterday and thought that maybe the doctor should be consulted since there has been some confusion as to doses, timing of pills, etc. So the doctor did a blood test. At 5:30 this morning, the doctor called her husband (my 93 year old boss) and told him that Miss Dorothy's potassium levels were dangerously high and that he was sending an ambulance with strict orders to get her to the hospital to be checked out. The doctor wanted her admitted, he thinks that the potassium levels can be brought down with medication and it might take a couple of days. I don't think she was very pleased about having to go back to the hospital, but she's going to follow the doctor's advice.

I'm not sure if I'll update again later or not. It is Friday, after all. And I like a clean house on Friday afternoon, otherwise it bugs me all day Sabbath. I have already cleaned the sink and done two loads of laundry, Otter's going to vacuum the living room in a little while and then I'll see if there is anything else I want to do before sunset.

No comments: