Wednesday, January 11, 2012

(dis)-Gusting!

The wind, she blows.  (I heard that somewhere, maybe from a movie).

The cold front that was expected this evening is hitting.  The wind has picked up, for about the last 10 minutes it's been roaring.  And it's getting colder.

We have a chance of white stuff tonight.  It's a "maybe" and is expected to be a dusting, if that.  But, with the well-known (bad) track record of the local forecasters, it could be anything from nothing to a repeat of the first week of last February!  Either way, we're prepared.  I haven't made it to the grocery store yet this week, but I did go get milk & oj this evening so we're stocked.  I just rode along with Bill when he went to the gas station tonight and ran in to get overpriced milk and oj, but this is one of those times when I really didn't care how much it cost.

I stayed home today, as directed by the doctor.  Nurse Otter took care of me, after she got home from class.  She ordered me to stay on the couch and then she told Frasier to keep an eye on me.  Which he did, when he actually had his eyes open that is!  Frasier was either practically in my lap, or snoozing at my feet.  Maggie was snoozing ON my feet most of the day.  I wasn't up to the grocery store, I might not get there before Sunday at this rate.

I am still coughing, but it's better.  I haven't taken the couch medicine at all today, it does help but it also has a side effect of a bad, almost migraine level headache.  I'm not sure if I'm going to take any more of it at all.  It did help with the coughing, but the headache was honestly a whole lot worse than the coughing.

I have enough to deal with when I get a real migraine, (Otter has one herself at the moment and is in bed) so I'm not inclined to take something that will cause one.

No comments: