Friday, January 06, 2012

Wheezy Friday

The asthma bug is here and it seems to be in no hurry to leave.  At least it's my asthma bug this time and not Otter's.  She's had some minor issues with it this week, but mine is a little worse than hers.  Which is completely opposite of how it usually is!

I called in today.  I thought at one point last night that I might be losing my voice.  It's still there, but it's rough.  I wasn't sure if Miss Dorothy recognized my voice when she answered the phone this morning, as the 95 year old teenager was still asleep.  I'm actually a little better this afternoon, but I'm really tired of feeling bad.  Well, it's been a week since I first noticed symptoms so I guess I'm allowed to be tired of it!  It didn't take Otter nearly as long as it's taken me to work through it, but as she said - she had more time to rest (one day was spent in the car on the way home) and I haven't, since I had to work this week.

We did have to get out today.  (Otter doesn't have class until Monday).  I went to the post office and to the bank.  Then I remembered that I needed something from the grocery store (soy milk, absolutely can NOT run out of that) and then it was just after noon so I ran Otter through a drive-through for lunch.  We were probably only gone about 2 hours, but it was more than enough to tire me out.  Oh yeah, Otter had a bag full of books to return at the library and she replaced them in less than 15 minutes.  Some people power shop, Otter power reads!

Mostly, we've been watching Say Yes to the Dress Atlanta on tv today.  We like the New York show better, but it's still a good show.  I managed to run the dishwasher and I washed a load of clothes.  Otter's done her chores, not that she had many today, and she's now enjoying her new laptop.  She's searching for stuff on Etsy but I don't think she's found anything she wants to make.  She has found several crocheted items that she emails me pictures of so I can make them for her.  She says she's trying to help me de-stash, but considering that she's also my chief enabler...

I think I'm going to attack my stash closet on Sunday.  My plan is to pull everything out and re-organize the shelves.  I have several crochet pattern books as well as several tote bags full of "stuff" that need to be gone through.  Not all of the tote bags are crochet/yarn related, some of them might be sewing and could also be Otter's stuff.  It fits just barely, but I think with a little thought paid to it we should be able to get it all back in there and still have a little room.  Which is a good thing, because I'm at the S.A.B.L.E.* point.

Bill's probably there as well with pachinko machines.  He got two in Texas and he's gotten two since then.  At least my stash is squishable!  His just takes up room.  But, in his defense, he does sell them.  It's just the "fixing up to get to the point of selling" that makes it seem like we're up to our elbows in them.  Well, we probably are!

*StashAmassedBeyondLifeExpenctancy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get Well or you need to go to the doctor.
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

The cold part is better, it's the asthma that is the problem now. I don't need the doctor for it, I just have to treat the symptoms and eventually it will all go away. Well, asthma never really goes away.

Alexandra said...

We're having terrible allergy problems here. I'm thinking it's leaf mold and the drying indoor heat.

We are purging here and battling dust. I felt much better after nightly shaking my bedding out the window. I switch out the sheets every week, but shaking out the pillows and covers helps a lot.