Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday the 13th!


I'm not superstitious, never have been.  But Mom was.  As a result, one of the ways I used to tease her was to walk under any ladder we happened to see.  She used to get so mad at me!  I don't think she had a problem with black cats, considering that I had one once.  OK, Bandito was a tuxedo cat but he was still a black cat!  I'd forgotten about him until just now.

I'm still fighting the creeping crud, but I'm getting there.  I am coughing some but not bad, I don't have a sore throat anymore but it does get a tickle every so often.  I'm still not feelilng 100%, but I'm so much better than I was earlier.  I went to the store just now and re-stocked on yogurt, since I'm on an antibiotic and it's playing havoc with my stomach.  Also, I just like yogurt!

It's sunny today but still a little cold.  It was 17 degrees this morning, now I'm not sure but it might be in the 40's or low 50's.  It was cold enough for a fire last night and we'll probably have another one tonight.  Maybe tomorrow morning as well.  I'm sure the dogs won't complain, seeing how we usually have to fight through them to get to the fireplace ourselves!

I've been crocheting a little bit since I've been home so much this week and had time on my hands.  I haven't gotten to it today, but I'm probably going to head in the general direction of the couch shortly and I'll probably grab the yarn and a hook and get busy.  I feel the need to work on my scrap throw blanket as much as I can, since it's a great de-stash project.  And it's fun as well, plus I don't have to worry about counting stiches like I would with an actual pattern so it's what I call "mindless crochet."  That means I can sit in front of the tv and crochet without having to worry about mistakes or just sit and stitch without worrying about goofing.

I'm also thinking I'm going to make another hat for Billyboy, probably green or brown.  I'm not sure which color, I have to look at the stash and see which ones I think will work the best.  He wears his camo hat pretty often, but I noticed that he forgot it today.  Since he's now beginning to show signs of the bug I've had, he's in big trouble.  Otter told me to call him and yell at him, but since my throat/voice/lungs aren't up to yelling yet he had to settle for a talking lecture.

He's such a Bad Boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dad was more superstitious than Mom. His mother was very superstitious also.
I always wanted one of Aunt Mays wild black kittens, but I never got one. We did have a white cat, named Sam.Froggy