Sunday, January 01, 2012

Now Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Program...

Or blog entry, if you prefer.

No funny title today.  That will resume next Sunday.  When I'm feeling better because right now, I feel pretty cruddy.  Otter tried to come down with a cold while we were in SA, which she probably picked up from JediMom's kids but could also have gotten from her cousin that we saw briefly on the day we arrived - and she thoughtfully shared the cold bug with me.  I started to be a little sneezish on the way home, but it didn't really hit me until yesterday.  I felt like it was coming on while we were running errands Friday, because I was starting to get a particular tickle in my throat that always means a cold.  I spent most of yesterday parked on the couch, we'd have been taking it easy anyway but I was taking it even easier.  I didn't even crochet!

Which means that I felt really bad.  I was thinking I might get the hook and yarn out today, but I haven't gotten there yet.  Otter's just about over the bug she had, but I'm in about the middle of it.  Good thing that tomorrow is a holiday from work.

Anyway.  We've spent the day watching parts of the Twilight Zone marathon that the Sci-Fi channel does on New Year's.  It's always good.  We're also having a pj day, although that was not intentional.  We didn't go to church, obviously, because I wasn't up to it this morning and nobody ever got around to getting dressed.  I have managed to get some laundry done but that's about it.

It's a pretty day today, at least it looks like it from the window!  We had a really strong wind most of yesterday afternoon and there was supposed to be a cold front hitting about midnight last night.  I don't think it was nearly as strong as it was expected to be.  I think it's cool but not as cool as was forecasted.

OK, now I think I'm finally hungry.  It's after 3:00 and I haven't had lunch.  We did have breakfast, Bill made us sausage and scrambled eggs which was delicious.  But I haven't been hungry today.  We are, along with having a pj day, having what we refer to as F & F as far as meals are concerned today.  Nobody is going to starve, we just are eating whatever whenever.  We didn't actually have our living room picnic Friday night - nobody was hungry since we had a late lunch.  So we had it for lunch yesterday, and it was good but we still have a lot of it left.  I might get into it and see what I can come up with.

Other than that, we are not doing much today.  I'm feeling better than I did earlier, I just hope that my supply of kleenex holds out and I don't have to go buy more today.  Tomorrow, I'm defintely going to have to get out - to buy kleenex!  And another toothbrush for Bill, since I accidentally used his last night and the last thing I want to deal with right now is a sick Bill!  (He's got a spare, from our travel kit). :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you have been sick. But at least you waited to be home first. Crazy Uncle has been sick also. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

Otter thinks she got it from JediMom's kids but I really think she got it from her cousin. I'm better, but still not well. I'll get there!