Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Fixins

As previously stated, Fixin is one of those uniquely TEXAN words.  It has various meanings and we all use it.  Today's title refers to one thing in particular:






You know you are a TEXAN when your pantry has a whole, entire section devoted to one thing:  chili fixins!

We finally made it back to church today, after a long absence caused by our Christmas trip and then the bronchitis, etc., bug I had.  Pastor Dave said that he thought we might have stayed in San Antonio, and that he was going to have to come get us.  I told him it was always tempting, when we get back Home, to stay there and he agreed - he said that non-TEXANS just don't get it, how strong the pull of things south of the Red River is on us.  (Pastor Dave is one of us, by the way).

Otter and I had a couple of errands, we went to a thrift store but didn't find anything and we also went to Wallyworld.  To a specific one, since her favorite cashier works there.  I'm not making chili tonight, but I did need to get a few things.

It's a meat loaf day today.  Also, I have a bunch of potatos that are on the verge of going bad so they are going to be cooked up as well.  Not sure if it will be Bill's Famous Mashed Potatos or Sweetie's Potatos today.  Either way, they will be good.

It's a really nice day today.  Pastor Dave was also remarking about our weather and how he thought that this time last year was when we had 42' of snow hit us and he had to cancel services but he is a week early.  On January 29 last year, it was 70 degrees and it was still around the mid-60's on Sunday the 30th.  But we knew it was coming and the stock-up shopping frenzy had begun.  I remember having to run to the store for a few things and realized that I'd better go eary, but it was still very crowded on that Sunday.  And it didn't get any better until probably late on Monday January 31, because the first of the many blizzards hit that night.  Nothing like that is forecast this year, for which we are very thankful.  We're prepared, but then we always are.

It's a Borg Queen thing, I can't help it but I don't think I really want to anyway.

Resistance is Futile!

No comments: