Friday, January 27, 2012

It's Finally FRIDAY!

OK, we made it to Friday.

And not a moment too soon.

It's just been a crazy busy week, but not for any particular reason.  Just the usual stuff at work, nothing out of the ordinary.  But it's just been a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong week for some reason.

But, it's Friday and I'm happy.

I'm also happy that we still have ice cream pie left, and (if we have any room after the steaks & baked potatos) we'll probably get into it tonight.

I realized something yesterday.  I haven't had to have any work done on my car in over a month now.  The oil change in December doesn't count, that's routine stuff.  But, and I would be willing to put money of this one - and I'm not a gambler by any stretch of the imagination, if I'd gone back to the first place I probably would have been told that there were at least 3 or 4 things wrong that they needed to fix.  Glad we finally came to our senses about that place!

We don't like to be lied to, in case you haven't figured that out.

Other subjects now.  Red hair!  For once, I'm not having to mention RHTW* in connection with the car, that's a nice change.  She's still ready to be deployed at a moment's notice, however.  But there was a news report a few weeks back that caught our attention.  There was an older lady in the Tulsa area who heard loud noises at her front door, and when she went to check it out a man forced his way inside.  He was "under the influence" but still dangerous.  She yelled at him to get out and he promptly sat down and exposed himself to her.  At that point, she ran outside and yelled for her neighbors.  A couple of men that live in her apartment complex came to her rescue and dragged the guy outside, where they proceeded to teach him a lesson until the cops got there to haul his sorry rear off to jail.  Although she'd already given him a black eye - and, this is the kicker:  she said that she WASN'T AFRAID OF ANYTHING BECAUSE AFTER ALL SHE IS A REDHEAD!

Redheads rule, no two ways about it.  Especially Redheaded Women and that goes double for Texan ones.

*RedHeadTexanWoman.  Let's just say that you do NOT want to get her riled because she'll make you regret it.  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a crazy week. On Tuesday night there was a small tornado that hit about 2 miles from my house. It happened around 4 am. I woke up about 3:40 and the noise was horrendous. Not a train sound just a lot of loud noise, and the hanging pot plant was going crazy. The next morning I discovered that my wooden wishing well had been blown over onto its side and moved a few feet. Scary night! The rest of the week was just busy with work and then i also worked Saturday. Not any time to quilt.
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

I remember a couple of small twisters in your general area. I noticed that when they happened AFTER I moved away, Dad didn't say much! :)