Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday Waffles


We don't have waffles too often, but since we didn't go to church this morning I had time to make them for breakfast.  (We didn't go to church because I wasn't feeling too good this morning and had a sinus headache, but after I'd been up for a couple of hours I did start to feel a little better.)  My waffle iron is square, unlike the round ones pictured above!  We'll also have waffles for breakfast tomorrow, since I doubled the recipe with the idea of leftovers.  Well, Bill and Otter will probably have them tomorrow.  I'll probably be back to my standard oatmeal.

I'm actually a lot better, but I am pretty tired this afternoon.  Otter and I went to the mall.  Actually, we went to the eye doctor (his office in in the mall) so she could get her eyes checked and then to Lenscrafters so she could get new glasses.  Mostly, we killed time while waiting on her glasses.  We looked at a couple of stores, and we had lunch while there.  Since it wasn't actually a shopping trip, I don't think we bought anything other than lunch & new glasses.  We did have a couple of tea samples at Teavana while we were there.

I have made a little de-stashing progress.  I made another hat for Bill, I brought him a bunch of yarn balls to chose from and he picked a dark green color.  I had two small balls of the same color and used one up entirely.  It made the entire hat except for the last row, so I had to switch to the 2nd ball but it still worked.  I've also used up a couple more of the really small yarn balls on the scrap blanket (formerly known as the scrap scarf).

Yesterday's movie:  Rise of the Planet of the Apes.  I was never a fan of the original movies, they were not exactly aimed at girls my age when they came out.  But they were very popular with boys in the same age range!  So I wasn't expecting much out of the new movie.  It was Otter's choice.  I was pleasantly surprised, it was a much better movie than I expected.  It had several nods to the original movie, which was nice.  It was very well done.

Froggy, we had the tamales Friday evening.  I made chili to go with them.  They were very good, but they weren't spicy at all.  We still have some in the freezer, I'm not sure when we'll eat them but they won't go to waste. :)

It's back to work for me tomorrow.  Bill and Otter are both off tomorrow.  He was acting like he was trying to come down with the bug, but I'm thinking that maybe he's going to avoid it.  At least I hope so!  Bill doesn't make a good patient.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

waffles sound good, maybe one evening this week.
Glad you enjoyed the tamales.
Froggy