Monday, January 02, 2012

Revolutions

Mom always got the word "resolution" confused with "revolution" and as a result, she always made New Year's Revolutions.  That's been on my mind today.

I don't really do the resolutions thing, I think it's kind of silly and pointless because most of the time people either a) come up with wildly impossible things, b) last about a week and then quit or c)  all of the above.  I have general goals of things I'd like to get accomplished, but they aren't really resolutions.  Or, perhaps I should say reVolutions instead! :)

I'm still not feeling the best, I still feel like I've been run over by a truck.  But, only by one truck today and not two like yesterday.  I slept so-so last night.  I woke up a couple of times because I was stuffy and had a dry mouth, and one time was because Bill woke me up and told me to roll over because I was snoring.  Which I'm sure I was, and he was doing what he was supposed to.  Since we both have to go back to work tomorrow, and he has a b(oring)oard meeting to work tomorrow evening, I'm thinking about sleeping on the couch tonight.  That way, at least one of us can get some sleep.  Frasier will be very happy, if I do sleep in there.  He'll spend all night letting me know how happy he is that I'm in there!

I did get out earlier.  I needed to get some stuff mailed, so Otter and I went to the post office.  I stayed in the car and she ran in and also checked the box for me.  We went to Hobby Lobby for a specific thing, which they didn't have, but I enjoyed talking to another crocheter.  We went to Michael's and they had what I wanted (more in another paragraph), and we also ran into Goodwill.  Goodwill was a run-in, run-out trip and we didn't buy anything.  We probably could have skipped it.  We did need to stop at Wallyworld (so I could stock up on kleenex!).  I was really tired when we got home.  We had dinner early (my birthday steaks a few days late) and I'm thinking that I'll probably spend the rest of the evening in front of the tv.

The specific thing I wanted is a specially shaped "handle" for my crochet hooks.  I've been having some pain in the muscle on my right arm, near the elbow.  A couple of weeks back, I kind of sprained it - I don't remember how I did it now, but at the time I thought that it was probably sprained.  It's pretty much healed up, but now I've noticed that after (and during) crochet time, it's started hurting and sometimes it hurts B.A.D.  I'd seen the handle before and remembered it, it's an ergonomic handle and is supposed to help with muscle pain, etc. so I figured it was worth the cost.  I think it's going to work, I put one of my hooks in it and did a few stitches on the scrap scarf I'm working on.  I don't think it's necessarily going to completely cure the problem, but it did seem to help.  Also, using a computer mouse really bothers my elbow if I have to use it for a long time - which I frequently do, and there are a couple of other times I've noticed it bothering me so it's not just crochet.  Which is a good thing!  But crochet does bother it.  It's the muscle, not the joint.  I usually sleep on my right side and that doesn't help it either.

Otter's spoiled.  HP made a special trip out today, just to bring her a slice of cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory.  And it even had fresh strawberries and cream!  AND he even brought her a bag of candy that he got in Pennsylvania when his family went "home" for Thanksgiving.  I told her that she needs to hang on to this one.  Bill's jealous - of the cheesecake!  :)

I think we're going to get Otter's textbooks for the 2nd semester sometime this week.  She might get a new messenger bag to hold them all in, but she might use her Army Surplus backpack instead.  We're getting her a laptop to use, and it's going to depend on how heavy it is as well as how big the carrying case is.  The one we've ordered is supposed to be lighter weight than a lot of them, which is specifically for students and people who carry them for work.

Also, the dogsters need to get their heartworm pills refilled soon.  I order them in 3-month increments because that is about how long Maggie goes before she needs to get her rear end squashed and it's easy to remember that way.  Although Maggie Moo would probably prefer that I forget about that...

OK, I think I'm going to either go take a motrin and hold the couch down so it won't fly into the ceiling or skip the motrin and get a glass of wine.  Either way, the couch is calling me and I'm going to answer it!

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

Revolutions?! Well, it does come back every year, so she's clever for saying that. ;) Yep, here we are again in January - new year...lots to be thankful for. Time goes by waaaay too quickly. Feeling a little nostalgic for the early years of my son's life. He turned fourteen in December, and I still think of him watching Barney and snuggling up with momma before bedtime with his cat blanket. He used to give such great hugs when he was a little guy.
Sigh...

Feel better.