Monday, November 17, 2008

Bill's Got a New Car!!

Bill is now the proud owner of a 2002 Chevy Impala. It's silver. Grey interior. 110,000 miles. It looks just like my old car. Amazingly like my old car. Exactly like my old car, in fact.

Because it is my old car.

And sitting beside it in the driveway is a brand new, 2008 Chevy Impala. Parked on MY side of the driveway. Silver, grey interior and 30,000 miles. And most of the bells and whistles available. Except a sunroof. Being a redhead with fair skin I decided against the one with the sunroof.

Enterprise gave us a trade in on the van, not much but more than we expected. And we got a spectacular deal on the new one. We bought my old/Bill's new car at Enterprise about 6 years ago. It was a rental and they change their models out at the end of the year which is when we bought it. The new car is the same deal, practically new but used enough so that we got a very good price. The new model is slightly smaller than the old one, but it has a few more features so I'm not complaining. Otter's just glad that I finally have a car with a cd player and a remote start. And a few other neat tricks as well. Otter hasn't driven it yet, but I did give her a ride around the block and she gave the new car a good review.
Happy, Happy! Except for the fact that we will now have a car payment, which we didn't particularly want but I really think that we made the best decision by buying a newer vehicle. This way, Bill's got a dependable car. It still has the electrical issue, but he thinks he knows what that is and it's something that will still need to be fixed. But considering what he was looking at before, the electrical problem is not going to be so bad. He was looking at what we politely referred to as beaters but a couple of them were pretty far gone in terms of needed work. So I'm not going to complain too much about having a car payment again.
But Bill's not willing to part with the Texas flag decorative front license plate and he said that I have to get another Longhorn emblem. I did tell him that I'd vacuum out his car for him. The least I can do, after all. I mean, he did just buy me a new car.

No comments: