Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


I hope that everyone has had a good day. We certainly did. We ate too much, but that seems to be the tradition. I don't think anyone actually went back for seconds, but somehow we still managed to eat way too much. I'll pay for it later today. But it was worth it. My mouth is tender in a couple of spots, but I don't think I'll need the orajel.
We watched the parade on tv this morning and then got busy with the cooking. Actually, there wasn't anything hard to cook since I bought a smoked turkey. It just had to be sliced and zapped. Bill made his famous mashed potatoes, which took my two biggest pots, the largest strainer, two huge mixing bowls and I can't count the number of spoons. The gravy was from a mix (Pioneer, of course), the green bean casserole is always easy, the bread was baked in the bread machine, the salad was just lettuce & tomato with parsley and parmesan topped with a little olive oil, and the cranberry came from a can this year. At least I won't have to cook much the next few days, we have so much food left over. But that is what I wanted.
The pupsters got a little bit of a Thanksgiving meal. They got a taste of stuffing, a tiny taste of gravy, a bite of bread and just a tiny amount of turkey with the skin. I'm sure that they would have preferred more, but they don't need a lot of fat. But they got enough to have a taste and they were happy.
Otter's cake turned out pretty good, I managed to find a little room to have a small piece. She said it wasn't too Cake Wreckish after she decorated it.
I might get started on some crochet, I seem to have an urge to use the maroon yarn I bought this week. Or I could go put up all the laundry I've done today.
I think I've made the Laundry Faries mad. I don't know what I did to tick them off, but I've emptied my laundry basket 3 times today. And each time, it is full again as soon as I turn around! I've actually done 4 loads today, but one was dog blankets so they were never in the laundry basket.
Frasier usually ignores his blanket for a day or so after it gets washed. I think he doesn't like the smell - clean is not his thing, apparently. Maggie could not care less, she's happy as long as she can curl up and take a nap in a soft place. Life is good for the beagle, and the big dog has it pretty easy, too. Although he would probably disagree!

No comments: