Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wednesday. Maybe I'll Whine.

I'll find something to whine about. I will be whining about the election results, but not right now. I have so much to gripe about regarding it, but I want to get my thoughts in some type of order so I don't forget everything I want to say.

In the meantime, Froggy asked me a question. Here's the answer: YES, I am very glad that I came to my senses and did not sell the Fenton basket. That particular pattern is not seen very often, it's from the mid-80's and was a very popular one. But it's one that people tend to hang on to, so it's not easily found. I was just in the right place at the right time to be able to find that one.

We are changing our Christmas plans. It'll be a holiday at home this year for us. The Texas trip has been cancelled. We are discussing rescheduling it for early next summer. I'm going to call the doggie day spa today and cancel their reservation, and I'm also going to see about rescheduling Otter's asthma/allergist appointment to one day the week after Christmas since it's currently on a Monday which is a school day. Since we are not traveling this year, I've rescheduled my vacation for Christmas and the next week, instead of Christmas week itself. If the allergist is open that week and has an open appointment, I'll get Otter in then. Otherwise, I guess she'll have to miss a day of school for her appointment - which I'm sure she won't complain about too much!

Bill's going to look at two cars tomorrow. Both are at auctions, and he is interested in them. His van is very suddenly about to crater. He took it in this week for a vibration problem, thinking it was maybe a tire out of round or something like that. Instead, we are looking at a minimum of $700.00 with probably a lot more. The van is not worth that much, he's only had it 4 years but he paid less than $1,000.00 for it. At the time, we needed something to haul cargo that had a covered back on it and the El Camino also was not good on gas mileage. He's definetely gotten his money's worth out of the van, it's just old with a lot of miles and we are not willing to put much $$ into it. So he started looking this week and the auction that we used to go to when we were big-time eBay sellers has two estates being sold Thursday. Both have older cars but they don't have a lot of mileage and are both potential vehicles for Bill.

Ok, it's time to go get dressed so I can go to work. I'll get back to this after I get home.
_____________________
It's later now! I did manage to get myself to work this morning, I was only 3 minutes late. But since I'm normally about 15 minutes early and nobody else is ever there before 9:30 or 10:00, I wasn't overly concerned! Although Bill did try to call me straight up at 8:00 apparently, and then when he called me back about 8:05 he had a good time teasing me for being late.
Speaking of problem child (Bill), he is going to look at the two cars today. The auction house always moves any vehicles or big, expensive items to their office instead of leaving them where they might be stolen. I called them and they said that both cars are still there, so he's going over there to see them. Then he'll decide if he wants to go to either auction and bid on them. If not, then we'll keep looking. Seriously looking, he has to do something pretty quick - either fix the van (which we are not willing to do) or buy a new vehicle.
But since one of the auctions has what I suspect is a piece of vintage Fenton, I'd really like him to go! :)
I was able to reschedule Otter's allergist appointment to the day she's out of school. She has a day in early December that is a school holiday. So she won't have to miss any days. She'll go to work with me, the doctor is just up the street from where I work. Then he'll tell us what we already know: that her asthma is worsening and that karate isn't a good idea. Same thing he told us in July! But he usually has only needed to see her once a year, so the fact that he wanted to see her again in 6 months tells me something. Something I don't like.
Ok, I've put off my eBay stuff long enough. Time to get to work!

No comments: