Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Few Saturday Thoughts & Comments


I'm finally finished with the scarf I made for my secret sister at Sunday School. she likes orange so that's what I went with. I normally can make one of these in just a couple of days, but I had quite a few interruptions (car, Bill, Otter, work, eBay) and this one took me a couple of weeks start to finish. I could probably make on in one day, but my fingers might fall off my hands. I can't remember how long I made this one (measurement length), but it's a nice size. I have one I made for myself that Otter refers to as my Dr. Who scarf - it's extremely long. But I like to be able to wrap it around several times, I get cold easily. The one I made for Otter is about to be added to, it needs a couple more rows to make it wide enough for her now. I made it a while back, she's grown since then. I can probably find the yarn I made hers out of, I'm out of it. But if not, I can add the additional rows in black since that's one of the two colors I made her scarf from. I absolutely love to crochet! I made several scarves a few months back and then donated them to Goodwill or Salvation Army, I can't remember which one it was. I have two or three other crochet projects in the works right now, including coat hanger covers like Mom and Aunt Jessie used to make. Or maybe Mom made them, I'm not sure about Aunt Jessie. I do know that it's a great way to pass the time when we are on long car trips.
Frasier said that he didn't have anything he particularly wanted to say yesterday, so no Frasier Friday. He's been clingy today, much more than usual. Of course, we had a fire going in the fireplace last night and this morning which might explain it! Dog's smart, he wants to stay where the warmth is. But Maggie said that she might have a comment to make on Monday.
Otter and I roasted marshmallows in the fireplace last night. Then she made her version of 'Smores today - no chocolate, just marshmallow and graham cracker. I bought very long metal skewers just so we could roast marshmallows in the fireplace. It's a lot of fun. But I don't think I'm going to try popping corn like Mom did! (The lid came off of the corn popper, kernals fell out and they were popping all over the fireplace!).
Otter seems to think she can avoid her future Borg Queen transformation. Froggy, we know better don't we? :)
We watched Journey to the Center of the Earth today, the new one with Brendan Frasier. Let's just say that it was cute, but we would have been extremely disappointed if we'd paid theater ticket price. That seems to happen a lot, I've noticed.
Tomorrow's schedule is still subject to change, but it includes visiting a new book store that just openened in our area. Books-a-Million, I've heard of it before and it's supposed to be a very good store. Otter and I will go find out tomorrow. Then we might hit a thrift or two. We were thinking that the leather jacket style coat we bought her would work for winter, but it's not really going to be warm enough for the real winter weather we get. She's worn it several times and it was fine, but when we went to the library Thursday night for the teen program it was very windy and cold when we walked out. And she just about froze. So we're going to see if we can find her a warmer coat. She'll still wear the leather jacket on cooler days, it's a good idea to have a lighter coat or jacket as well as a big coat in this area. Friday was very cold in the morning, I finally got to wear my new suede coat and it was very warm.
Also, I got to use my remote start feature with my new car and it was nice & toasty as well as defrosted by the time I was ready to leave for work. I think I'm really going to enjoy that particular feature!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have an idea for you-scarves for Christmas Gifts-HINT HINT (but not orange for the Aggies- maroon works or any other color.)I think that Jessie started crochet on the hangers and then Mom started after that.
I thought that we turned the popper over and then the lid came off. You should try popping corn in the fire place. See if you can do it.
I went to Books-A- Million in Houston and was not impressed. We now have one here but I have not visited it.
Your right, she cannot avoid it, but then neither can mine. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

I was wondering if I'd start hearing maroon hints. I kind of thought I might!

Mom might have turned the popper over, I just remember the corn popping in the fire.