Sunday, November 23, 2008

Booking It

Well, we went to Books-a-Million. And we were not impressed! But I did get the new Ann Rule book that just came out. And Otter got a couple of books. We had a $5.00 off coupon if we spent over $25.00, between us we had just enough. The coupon actually expired yesterday but the clerk said that the computer might accept it and it did. I'm glad that the store is there, it's in an area that hasn't had a lot of development but needs it. I just don't think I'll shop there all that often.


We also went to a thrift store - Froggy, remember the Goodwill we call the far one? No luck on a coat for Otter. We decided to go to a resale shop where we bought her one a few years ago. We should have gone there first, we found her a nice warm coat for $8.00.

When we got home, Bill had the electric fence wire run for the dog's enclosure. It was connected to the original electric fence we have on the back fence, which was covered with morning glory vines since the fence has been turned off for quite a while. So in order to turn it on, Otter and I got to go out and play with the vines. Also known as pulling them all off the fence and wire, otherwise the vines could well conduct electricity to the entire fence. After we got through, Otter plugged it back in and I expect Frasier to still be in their small yard tomorrow when I get home. He probably won't try it a second time, but we'll leave it on for a few days just to make sure he realizes that the fence will bite him each time he tries to get over it. He's a smart boy, he'll figure it out pretty quick.
Froggy, I was already aware that there might be a request for maroon scarves. It's something I'm thinking about but I'm not going to commit to anything. Yet.
Ok, the cardboard pizzas should be ready in a few minutes. So I'm going to head to the kitchen now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no ice cream?
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

Yes, but not peppermint! Wally didn't have any, but we did find a couple. Well, mine was froyo but it was strawberry cheesecake flavor so no complaints. It was pretty good for fat-free, but it didn't have a lot of the bad stuff that fat-free sometimes has to sweeten it.