Thursday, December 25, 2008

2nd Post Thursday Christmas & Probably Another One Later

This is what Bill's been working on, that I have not been able to talk about on here and have had a hard time keeping secret! He's been quilting. The first one is Nana's Christmas present and the second one is Sweetie's Christmas present.


This shows the backing flapped over at one corner. Nana's quilt has a floral pattern on the backing that is pansies.



This is a close-up of some of the squares.



The full quilt with the corner flapped, this is Nana's.


Nana's quilt, the backing fabric also forms the side edge on both quilts.




Sweetie's quilt!



This is Sweetie's quilt, a close-up of how the side edge was done.





A closer shot of Sweetie's quilt, Bill did a great job matching the colors.



The backing for Sweetie's quilt is also a floral pattern, lots of bright pinks and oranges and we think it's very pretty.
I understand that a certain brother of Bill's said that they must have been made in China or somewhere, but his big brother made them! He cut every square and sewed them together, when I went shopping the day after Thanksgiving one of my stops was a fabric store where I got the backing and Bill worked on them most of Thanksgiving weekend. He did 90% of the work, I helped a little but this was Bill's labor of love for two very important women in his life: his mom and his step-mom, who we are also close to.
It's been very hard to keep these secret. I'm glad that I don't have to be quiet about them anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He did a great job. Froggy