Monday, December 08, 2008

And Now For The Other Monday Stuff

I decided that Chocolate Day needed it's own post. And Maggie said that she's got a lot to say, but she's not quite ready to say it yet so no Maggie Monday this week. She seems to be deciding just what to say, she's been talking up a storm since Otter got home from school. From the moment she saw Otter's shadow as she walked home from the bus, and the dog is still talking! She's a very vocal beagle normally, today she's even more talkative.

One year ago today was a Saturday. Since it was Sabbath, we didn't do much of anything in particular. Just our usual stuff, which included a movie that we rented and we probably walked the dogs. The day after that, Sunday, I had a sudden urge to wash all my blankets. Which turned out to be a good thing. Because that evening (Sunday) was when the ice storm hit. The one that tried really hard to cripple NE OK and managed to, for days and days and days. It's much warmer this year than it was last year on this date. But we are supposed to be getting a (VERY) cold front tonight. Although it's not supposed to have ice. Just a slight possibility of snow tomorrow. Mostly, it's just supposed to be cold. It's been extremely windy today. Otter and I are going to bring in firewood in a little while, because we will probably want a fire tomorrow evening. I'm ready, I have plenty of marshmallows! :)

I just saw the mailman go by on his way out of the subdivision. Since my mailbox was empty when I checked it just now, I think it's a safe bet that I don't have any mail today. Most of our mail goes to our P. O. box anyway. I'll check it tomorrow, I don't check it every day unless we have a lot of stuff on eBay.

Speaking of eBay, I think we're through. Finally! All the shirts, gloves and socks we bought at the auction in June have either been sold, donated, or washed & put in our closets. We made a small profit on them, which was the idea. And is also a miracle, considering how many pairs of socks Bill kept and how many shirts we all kept! Otter also got quite a bit out of it, she got a huge amount of t-shirts. Some she'll sleep in, and some she's making into other things. I think she also got some socks. I know we all got a few pairs of gloves, and I think that Bill also bought a jacket-style coat for himself at the same auction. I got several pairs of "boot socks" which are more like house shoes with sock tops. But the really warm socks are wool, which I am allergic to. So no socks for me! I'm just glad to be done with it.

We are still going to be registered on eBay. But we are pretty much through as big sellers. We'll just sell the occasional item and I'm sure we'll still shop there. I know Otter will, she's becoming an eBay addict! But it's a good feeling to know that we are pretty much done. It was a great ride while it lasted, but the ride is over now and not a moment too soon. eBay isn't going away, but the initial fad is over and has been for several months. Which is the normal pattern for things. I think the eBay hot fad lasted a lot longer than most similar things.

Two and a half more weeks for me until Vacation! Bill has two weeks and I think Otter's school schedule is the same as Bill's work days so she only has two weeks. Then we have about a week and a half including holidays and vacation days. The dogs aren't going to know what to do with themselves, with us home that long and having the run of the house!

Frasier seems to be even more "normal" today. He's been in to see me several times, he will be affectionate and then he'll go off somewhere. Then he'll come back in a few minutes and as soon as he gets an ear or chin scratch, he's happy. He was very exhuberant when I let them out into the yard this afternoon. Actually, he was already out there but Maggie was still in their yard. Anyway, they started a rousing game of dog war and he actually seemed to be too excited for Maggie. Which is unusual, she's like the Energizer Bunny. But he ran her right out of steam!

No comments: