Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It Takes a Village

Well, a Liberty Falls Village anyway!




A few close ups. A few of the people are visible.


A few more!


The entire village.


Nice houses.


Another full shot. Also you can see the ceramic tree, and just barely visible in front of it is my Fenton tree that Bill got me for Christmas last year.


This one was taken without the flash. I think the flash shots turned out better. But I didn't realize that the flash wasn't on until I took the picture. The village is on the sofa table that is in front of the back window. We don't have a lot of room for gifts this year, at the moment they are stacked on top of the kitchen table. Because the dogs can't reach them! Maggie was very interested in the box from Froggy, but not in the contents of the box so it was probably because she could smell Froggy's pets. But with those two pooches of ours, we don't take any chances!
We put them out just now, and stuffed them full of treats. Of course, Maggie is already stuffed! Otter counted spots on Magginator yesterday, she got up to 60 before she lost count because the dog didn't want to stay still. Frasier's latest adventure involves getting a small piece of a chew bone stuck between two teeth and I had to help him out. He's so good natured, even when I had both hands in his mouth and almost down his throat because it was back teeth, he never even acted like he might bite or anything.
I might post a second entry later today, Otter and I are about to head off to work. We have a trip to the library scheduled for our lunch break and then we might go to the dollar store after work. It will probably be a slow day at work. My bosses used to send me out the door about noon, but that was when I worked full-time. I get off at 2:30 anyway, so I don't complain if I don't get to leave early.
When we get home, we have a couple of things to do involving baking. Then we'll have our family tradition of a Christmas Eve picnic and Otter will open one small gift. The picnic is something we started our second Christmas after we moved to OK, we went Home to Texas the first Christmas. It's something we look forward to all year and really enjoy - however, it's now served on the dining room table instead of a blanket on the floor! The dogs would have so much fun if there was food in reach, so we relocated it when we got Frasier. They will get something, probably a couple of cheese bites. Which they love, although lettuce is still their top treat.
Ok, out of time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had our tamales, chili, and spanish rice.
Our presents are on top of the bookcase, out of reach of the dogs.
Froggy