Thursday, December 11, 2008

Is It Friday YET?

No, still just Thursday. Oh excuse me, Baby Friday. Note the heavy sarcasm, I don't like the Baby Friday thing! It's just Thursday.

Ok, on to other things. Like the fact that I realized today that Christmas is exactly two weeks from today. And I haven't even started my shopping! Otter and I were going to head to the mall Monday after work/school, but we've decided to move that up a day to Sunday. Because Sunday's weather is supposed to be in the low- to mid-60's. Monday's weather is supposed to be about 40 degrees colder and very possibly will have white stuff. So we'll be hitting the mall on Sunday, and probably a few other places. Our list of stuff to buy isn't that big, it's just a matter of making the time to actually do it.

Also, I guess we'd better get the Christmas decorations out of the attic. We are not putting up a tree this year. Otter has a collection of Liberty Falls houses that originally was Mom's. Bill gave Otter the choice: Christmas tree OR Liberty Falls houses. If she chose a tree, it was going to be one of the many small ones we seem to have accumlated and it would be on the sofa table which is actually in front of the window. She thought about it for a while, then decided that she wants her houses out. Since she's never had them displayed anywhere, they will be on the sofa table instead. I'm going to put my ceramic light-up tree on the sofa table as well, we just won't have an actual tree up this year.

I am going to get my Avon Nativity set up this year, it never quite got out of the attic last year. Originally, the plan was to put it up on top of the entertainment center, we got the tree up and some of the decorations including a small Nativity set I have. We were going to get the big set out of the attic in a couple of days and then put it up. However, we had an ice storm in the middle of that plan and never quite got back to get the Nativity set!

My Nativity set is very special to me. It's something that I've had for many, many years - longer than I've had Bill! Mom bought me the first piece when it was first introduced by Avon, which was the Holy Family. Then each year, she would buy me the piece that was introduced then. It's been through several moves, one of them a 500-mile trip. A few years after the set was complete, Avon brought out a couple of other pieces. I'm missing one - the cow. I have seen it on eBay, but my cheap side always says no. I will eventually find one, but I refuse to pay as much as I've seen it go for. I also need to replace one piece, the angel that hangs over the manger. The angel and her wings are not in one piece anymore! But that is the only piece that has been damaged. I think that must have been a common break, because Avon reworked the angel into a standing piece a few years later. If I remember, I'll post a picture of the set once I get it in place. It's white bisque and I think it's beautiful.
I'm taking Bill's car to get worked on tomorrow. It needs an oil change, but the electrical problem is still there and Bill has tracked it down to a couple of things. I'm going to get the mechanic to run the diagnostic service that they offer and then we'll go from there. It depends on what they say, there are a couple of different things it could be and it also will depend on how much $$ because if it's over Bill's tolerence level, he will say that he will fix it himself. I know this without even having to ask him, because that's what he always says! He'll drive my car tomorrow. Really, I think he just wants a chance to drive the new car! He hasn't yet. Otter has, and she likes it. But we haven't let Bill near it yet. :)

No comments: