Sunday, December 21, 2008

OK, Froggy! Here it is.

Some people are just so bossy! :)




This is the scarf I made for Froggy's friend. The yarn was really pretty, it was called Lipstick. And I hope I never, ever have to deal with yarn like it again! It was constantly getting tangled, it was knotted inside the skein in more than one place and I had to tie off and cut it, then tie back on at least twice. The scarf turned out nicely, it was just a pain to make. My dry skin didn't help, but the yarn itself was the problem. I bought two skeins, I've learned that most yarn no longer has dye lot names or numbers and even if it does, it doesn't always match. So I usually try to get extra to insure that I won't run out. One skein was enough but the yarn was so problematic that I returned the unused skein. I was planning to keep it and use it for something else later on, but it was just too much trouble. Of course, the one I returned was probably absolutely perfect!

Happy Birthday, Nana!

I still have the redecorating bug. The one I caught last summer, when I did a small amount of redecorating in the master bathroom. This time, the redecorating bug is infesting the kitchen and I'm going to exterminate it. Or move it to another room in the house! I have a bunch of hummingbird windchimes that have been hanging in the kitchen window for years, even at the house we moved out of 4 years ago. But they need a new home now. So they are moving to Froggy's house. I'm not getting rid of all my hummingbirds, I'm just reducing the amount of specific items such as my windchimes. I kept a couple of them, they are now in the dining room window. The kitchen is going Vintage. I have wooden canisters that Bill bought me several years ago, and I think they will fit right in with what I have in mind.

Mom had her kitchen decorated in what I always thought was really cute, she had assorted vintage kitchen gadgets on the walls, except that she called them antique. I think my addiction to kitchen gadgets comes from her. I remember that she had at least one older shredder, and I think she had things like a melon baller, maybe a strainer, stuff like that. I don't have a lot of wall space in the kitchen, but I'm going to do something similar. I might also attach things to the cabinet doors, but I'm not really sure about that as it would involve putting holes in the wooden doors. I also saw a really neat way to use vintage cookie cutters, they were strung on ribbons and then attached in two rows to the top of a curtain. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do with mine, but it will be similar. I don't have curtains in my kitchen window, but now that all the windchimes are down I think it needs them. So I'm going to see what I can find, my plan for the curtains is to probably make them myself if I can find either fabric that fits the theme or possibly something from a thrift shop such as a sheet or maybe even a table cloth that I can repurpose. So that is what I'll be doing on my vacation after Christmas.

Otter and I have been compiling a list of words we'd like to not hear anymore, or at least not hear very often OR in the way that they are frequently used. That is going to be on a post in the near future, so watch for it. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to email me or leave them as a comment. One of the first words on the list will be "closure."

Froggy, before I forget - we went to BRAUM'S for breakfast this morning. Also, we finally found peppermint ice cream last week - at BRAUM'S, of course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The scarf looks great. I know that my friend will love it.
I found peppermint ice cream about 2 weeks ago. It is great.
When I come back we have to go to Braums many times.
Mom also had things like the old bee smoker and other unusual tools in her kitchen.
Froggy