Sunday, December 14, 2008

Quick (Maybe) Sunday Update

I'm tired. My back hurts. My feet are screaming at me. But most of my Christmas shopping is done. There are just a couple more things I need to get, which I will probably do tomorrow either on my lunch hour or just after work. Then the part I hate: wrapping!

We got the Nativity set out of the attic last night, but I haven't gotten into the box yet. It sounded ok, no clinking or broken sounds. My ceramic tree also is still in it's box, but it didn't make any noises either. Otter's box of Liberty Falls houses is sitting in the living room floor, with the other two boxes. We did manage to get the stockings up and the wreath is on the front door. But that's about it! I'm just glad we got it all down, we'll get everything where we want it tomorrow evening. It won't take us too long to actually decorate, since we aren't putting a tree up this year. If I remember, I'll get the silk flowers in my wall pocket changed out to my pointsettias.

There was a bungee trampoline set up at the mall, Otter lit up when she saw it. She went on one when she was much younger, she also didn't weigh very much and it was difficult for her to bounce much. She's grown enough so that she was able to bounce pretty high and she was able to flip a couple of times. While we were at the mall, we also watched Santa visiting with some of the little ones. No crying kiddos today, they all seemed to be happy to see the Big Guy. There was this one little boy, he probably wasn't much over three years old, but he had the biggest smile I have ever seen and he just about flew in his hurry to get to Santa! It was so cute, he was so happy.

We also went into Build-A-Bear. There is a new stuffed animal that Otter says I want. She's probably right about that. It's a LONGHORN. It's even got lots of orange. I managed to walk out without making one, but I just might have to go back there in the very near future. Obviously, it would be named Bevo! Wonder how that would go over here? :)

No comments: