Tuesday, December 23, 2008

WORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDS

There are too many words that are misused, overused or just annoying!

This is probably not all, but it's all we could think of for now. Otter and I have been compiling our list for a few days. It's words and also a few phrases. Some of them are words that are fine, under the correct circumstances. Such as the first word on the list, when applied to the zipper on a pair of jeans for example. But not when applied to grief or loss.

1. Closure
2. Empowerment
3. Diversity
4. Green (except when referring to the color, or food such as green beans - then it's ok).
5. Atkins Approved
6. Eco-friendly
7. Animal companion (they are PETS, people!)
8. Happy Holidays (ok under some circumstances, but not at all acceptable when used to mean Christmas only)
9. Holiday tree (it's a CHRISTMAS tree!)
10. Global Warming (nobody is surprised that this is on my list, are they?)
11. Carbon footprint
12. CO2 emissions
13. Change
14. Climate Change
15. Outside the box
16. Self esteem
17. Sustainability

I'm sure that there are others and I will post them as we think about them. But those are the main words that we'd like to outlaw, at least as far as the way that they are misused.
Ok, back to my bread baking now! I'm making carrot bread, I'm giving my bosses edible gifts this year.

No comments: