Thursday, December 25, 2008

3rd Post of the Day, Christmas 2008

Well, it's now mid-afternoon. Breakfast with the in-laws was a lot of fun, although Bill's dad is not feeling well because he has the cold Sweetie had last week. But we were glad he was able to come over, and hopefully he's now back in bed full of Nyquil.

Breakfast was delicious, I know I am over my fat allowances but it's kind of hard to avoid it when bacon is on the menu! I didn't eat very much bacon, but it was certainly good.

We opened presents, and had a nice visit. Sweetie liked her quilt, Don liked his cordless drill set. Sweetie always gives Bill a toy of some type, this year it's a small r/c helicopter. He's been playing with it for a while, I had to go to Walgreen's to get batteries, and he will be occupied for a long time. I told him that he should fly it through the cobwebs I spotted, hanging from the ceiling fan. The dogs are both outside, we put them out earlier but they have access to the house now. I'm wondering what their reaction will be to the helicopter, considering that Maggie was scared of my battery operated bug toy!

Otter and I are now well-armed with gift cards, so we are going shopping tommorrow. We usually don't shop the day after Christmas, but we're making an exception this year. The crowds are not fun. But we're going to go this year. Bill has some stuff he is going to do tomorrow, so we are going to BRAUM'S for breakfast, in case you are interested Froggy. Then Otter and I will head to the mall, along with probably half the state's population.
While we were at Walgreen's for batteries, I also picked up some half-price Christmas themed candy. I have a freezer full of chocolate now. We also took our overflowing recycling bins to the recycle center. There was very little traffic, except at Walgreen's. There are a few places open, just not too many. Restaurants and gas stations seem to be the main places open. Wallyworld looks so strange with an empty parking lot.
I think Otter wants to leave her village up for a few days, but I'm thinking I will take the Nativity and a few other decorations down this afternoon. For me, once it's over it is over and I have been known to take the tree down on Christmas afternoon. Since we don't have a tree up this year, that's one less thing I have to worry about. But there are some decorations up, including the wreath and my table stuff. I think I'm going to go work on getting my house back to normal. That is, when I'm not dodging a helicopter!

No comments: