Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Little More Sunday Stuff


This is what I imagine that Santa Claus would be doing today. I think he would sleep all day the 26th and then head for the beach! This is just a cute picture, although I think the elves would be bigger.
Actually, I think that Santa might have been at Golden Corral tonight, he was sitting at a table with a lot of other people eating dinner.
I did buy a new phone. It's the same company, but I upgraded to a camera phone. I have unlimited texting now, and a few other features and it's still $10.00 less than what I was paying before! I think I'm going to enjoy the camera feature, Otter got to play with it for a while this afternoon and she had fun making faces at it. Best of all, it fits in my Longhorns holder!
The El Camino is no longer an only child! Bill came home with another one today. Except that this one isn't running. It was only a few hundred, and it is basically going to be stripped for parts. It's actually still a lot cheaper than having to go to the auto parts store, if the white one (one he drives) needs work. Not to mention the fact that parts for 32 year old cars are hard to find! The parts car, the blue one, is now in the back yard. Where it is going to stay until it's stripped. Which will probably be a while. Otter got to be the "driver" who kept it straight as it was pushed off of the trailer. Straight being a loose explanation of it. :) Toadly, you were saying something about a certain number of cars that rednecks would have, and how some of them aren't running? I think we're there. The blue one isn't on blocks, but it does have at least two flats so that still counts!
We also did a little thrifting today and went to a flea market. Froggy, the older lady that had the corner booth - the one that was such a hoot - was having 60% off today and I found a slightly rusty cheese grater for my vintage kitchen decor. She never actually sells items for the prices on the tags, she always has a different percentage off and she is a lot of fun. I've bought several things from her, I think she was at 50% off the last time I was there. She is a real trip!
If anybody tries to call me on the cell phone, I don't have the voice mail set up yet. I haven't had time. I will get it taken care of in the morning. And then I'm sure Otter will want to take a few more pictures! And I'm also signed up for my teenager-taught texting lesson. Otter said she is looking forward to teaching me how to text, as her generation was just born knowing how. My generation was born knowing how to set the vcr, I can only imagine what the next generation will be born knowing how to do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are definitely at the redneck stage. One unrunning car in the back yard and one with 2 flat tires is way over the limit.
The flea market lady is really neat. She seems to have a lot of fun there herself.
Froggy