Friday, December 26, 2008

Quick Friday Stuff

We shopped and we survived! We decided against Braums, so I can't give Froggy a hard time about it. We had left overs from yesterday's breakfast, so we ate at home and then Otter and I hit the mall. We were at the mall at 7:45 and had no traffic, no crowds and no trouble parking. Most stores were opening early, we were able to get what we wanted and get out of the mall reasonably early. We went to a bookstore and a few other stores to use gift cards and had a lot of fun. We went to two thrift stores, she found a skirt at one of them. We had lunch, went to Whole Foods for carob milk balls and then we decided to go to Michael's. I found a few clearance ornaments, and we were still having fun so we decided to head to Circuit City for movies Bill wanted. Which is where the traffic was, as the mall is on that street and by 1:00 apparently everyone else decided to head to the mall! So we turned around and went to Hobby Lobby instead.

We had a couple of other stops, but we were still able to get home reasonably early. It was a fun day, but my feet are sore.

However, I am now the owner of a Longhorn from Build-a-Bear. His name is Baby Bevo and he is wearing a Texas Longhorns t-shirt. Maggie was very interested in him when we got home, but we were afraid she'd play with him so he didn't get to stay on the floor with her. Froggy, Build-a-Bear also has Texas A & M t-shirts for the stuffed animals.

It's my turn to pick the movie we watch on Saturday, last week was actually my turn but Otter traded with me so I could have my choice on my birthday. I decided on the Mummy 3 movie, hopefully it will be good. But even if it's not, I'm still going to enjoy my birthday. We're going to have Chinese for dinner tomorrow night, at a buffet so I'm sure we'll be well fed.

Froggy, we are going to The Hog Trough on Sunday morning for their breakfast buffet so thank you for the gift card! (The Hog Trough was Dad's name for Golden Corral).
One dog story: We bought rawhide chips for the dogs today. I gave them each one when we got home, I tossed two out into the floor in the living room. Maggie sniffed one, then went to sniff the other one. At that point, Frasier got up from where he was sprawled and didn't even break stride when he walked by, picked up the first one and took it right outside. Then I think he came back in and got the second one to take outside, because Maggie came to get me and she was looking sad. So I gave her another one and every time they are in the same room, she will pick it up and move a few feet away from him. I think she's on to big brother's tricks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids sent you the gift certificate.
We bought a huge huge bone for lucky and 2 smaller ones for cookie. Lucky did not like the large one, so we gave her a smaller one and cookie took the large one. It is so large that when she carries it about 6 inches sticks out on both sides of her. She loves it and is guarding it constantly. Lucky doesn't seem to care.
We went shopping about 10 and there were crowds but not horrible. We went to the mall. If you need clothes now seems to be the time. Everybody seems to have them on sale. Then we went to Wallymart. They were busier but not as bad as I expected.
Froggy

Jan said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! It looks as though you had a wonderful day! Enjoy!