Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Another One for Wednesday - NEWS!

Since I have other news, I thought that I'd just do another post.

Here's the news: Toadly is getting even older. As of next March, he'll be much older. There will be a birthday. But it won't be his! His next aging moment will be courtesy of his daughter and son-in-law.

In other words, I'd better get busy on another sock monkey. Everybody knows what that means, right? :) Fortunately, Bill got me a bunch of monkey socks not too long ago and I think I have one I started a while back but never finished. Not sure about that, that one is possibly the one I sent her the last time she needed one. Otter gets to help make this one, she said the other day that she wanted to make one and now we have an excuse! (Which we are happy about, by the way).

Bill just informed me that one of our eBay lots today went to Poland. We sent two to Canada today, along with one to South Korea (a first) and there have been a couple to Russia recently. England also, and I think we might have one for the Ukraine. The stuff we're selling right now is the old-style radio tubes, vacuum tubes actually, that were our friend Larry's. He had a radio shop many years ago and the tubes have been stored. They are selling like hotcakes, and quite a few are to other countries. I guess that a lot of people in other parts of the world still have older equipment and since the tubes are not made anymore, eBay is a good place to get them. Oh, one just got purchased by someone in Thailand.

A few thoughts on Iran's weapons testing this week: Israel had better get on the ball and take care of it, otherwise they will have to deal with it and probably very soon. I know that whatever Israel does, there may be consequences. But if they don't act, the consequences will be much worse. And we (the US) had better support them! Israel is in a great deal of danger right now. I think we'd better start praying for them.

No comments: