Sunday, July 20, 2008

Summer Sunday

If we didn't already know it, it is summer. It's hot today. Not as hot as S. Texas, but it's pretty warm. It's just humid enough that I don't breathe well when I'm outside for long periods of time. But I have been braving the heat and working in my workshop out in the garage. I have been repairing paint damage on some of Otter's concrete animals and working on a few other projects I have going out there. The benefit to the heat is that paint does dry quickly. Froggy, I put another coat on the bottom of the tree but it will need at least another and then there are a few spots that need to be touched up. But the tree is nearly through.

I did have to go to Wallyworld today. We have a small fan we've been using in the bedroom at night. It quit yesterday. We have another fan on a pedestal that doesn't work the best, but it does work. So we used it last night. It was like a hurricane in there! So I went and bought a new fan today. I was going to get another pedestal, but I wound up with a box fan instead. While I was out, I cleared the P.O. Box and returned the movie we rented yesterday. But other than that, we've been home all day long.

I did manage to swim after all Friday evening and Bill has been able to get in a couple of times. The spot on his leg is healing nicely, and he hit it with peroxide after swimming. But the pool doesn't seem to have bothered it.

I have talked to Otter a couple of times today. As I type this, she is at the zoo with Aunt Froggy and her kids. Otter's instructions for today included getting her aunt into the frog & reptile exhibits, no matter what she had to do to get her there!

We watched the movie 10,000 BC yesterday. Not one I would recommend. It was not overly gory, there was violence but it kind of went with the story and wasn't explicit. It just wasn't a very good story. I think it could have been, if it had had better writers. Otter, you didn't miss anything spectacular! Next weekend is my turn to pick, I'm leaning towards something funny. But that may change, between now and Saturday.

I took Frasier outside yesterday and brushed him to within an inch of his life. He was still shedding, even after multiple brushings and I decided that I'd had enough of the vacuum getting clogged after one or two uses. So I attacked the dog with the brush and now he looks so sleek. He looks really good, but he's not quite as soft to the touch anymore! At least I can pet him without a cloud of fur flying. You should have seen the back yard after we got finished, it looked like I'd been invaded by Tribbles!
Sign of the Apocolypse: Bill just told me that he's going to re-do his project (again). This time, HE'S GOING TO FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS! Be afraid, be very afraid. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lee is redoing his project also. This time he is doing it at home. I agree it is time to be afraid, very afraid, especially when men read the directions.
We had a great time at the zoo. It was very hot. No I didn't go into the reptile house, but I did see snakes and the new Toad exhibit.
Glad my tree is coming along.
Froggy