Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday Blogging About General Stuff

Ok, I know I need a better title! Suggestions welcome - but they need to be family safe, please. In other words, no R rated ones! Or worse.

It's right around 100 degrees here, and the humidity is fairly bad. I'm sitting inside with the a/c blowing, and that way I can still breathe. Because if I go outside, my lungs won't work. The dogs don't even want to run around the yard, they seem to prefer parking in front of the a/c vents. Maybe they are smarter than we are?

I talked to Otter a few minutes ago. She went shopping with Nana today, I understand that she has new clothing now but she wouldn't tell me what she got. She says she wants me to be surprised. I'm not sure if that's a bad thing or not! She's had a good trip, although I think she might be ready to come home. She will probably disagree with me, though. I'm sure that Maggie is more than ready for her Mom to come back.

Frasier nearly became doggie house shoes last night. He was snoozing by the bed, I was watching tv and didn't even know he was there. Until I got up! Then he went flying to the living room, and I had to go find him. He did not want to come up to me for a while. He would wag his tail at me, but he didn't want to come to me. I guess he was afraid he would get stepped on again. I think he eventually came back to the bedroom last night, but I don't think he got back in the same spot.

Looks like Texas is about to get a hurricane. Dolly strengthened to hurricane status this afternoon. I remember those days from when I was a kid, the forecasters technology was a lot less than it is now. I remember going to Pt. A after one storm came through, Dad had to help rebuild and we had to help clean up the Wreck's lodge. Of course, these days the forecasters (supposedly) know more about storms and can (well, maybe) predict with better accuracy (or so they claim) about where and when a storm will come ashore. I just hope that Dolly holds off long enough for a certain red-headed Otter's flight to get out ok and that there is enough rain and the right speed for no flooding and for SA's water shortage to be solved. The main threat for SA and parts inland like that is rain. Which they do need, but they need it slow enough to give the ground time to absorb so it doesn't cause flooding.
Froggy, I haven't gotten back to working on the tree yet. I have another project I'm trying to get finished up so I can give it to my secret sister at Sunday School this Sunday. It won't take too long, then I'll get the tree finished up and sealed.
I had to order the part that my car seat needed to have replaced. $152.00 Ouch! I didn't really want to have to spend the money, but it's a safety issue so I did. It will be in sometime early next week, then Bill will fix the seat so it will be good to go.
And just so a certain brother of mine doesn't feel left out: WE WILL BE IN SA AT CHRISTMAS. There, now he can't say he hasn't been told! Well, he might still say that. But he has been emailed and reminded here. So, no excuses Toadly!

No comments: