Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday Before Otter's Trip to Texas

She packed her suitcase this morning, so I think she's eager to go on her vacation. We bought her a couple of snacks for the plane trip, she has her carry-on tote bag stuffed with books and the shorts she wants to wear Sunday on the plane are in the washer as I type. Tomorrow, I'm going to make sure she has some type of physical activity so that she maybe has a chance of getting to sleep tomorrow night. We have to get up early on Sunday and I'll take her to the airport, where I would like to be allowed to go to the gate with her but probably won't be. And then I'll come home and console my husband who is really having a problem with her being gone for so long. I feel sorry for the poor beagle, she's just now gotten used to her Mom being back from camp and now she's going to be gone again! Poor dog has been going between Otter's bed, Frasier's blanket and under our bed.

It was a busy day at work, and I'm glad that the day and work week are now over. It was just one of those days that seemed to stretch out and be filled with a bunch of irritating things. I'm very glad that it's Friday. I'll be glad when it's sunset and I can shut down until tomorrow evening.

Froggy, next week sometime I'll go get a new bathmat and towels. I'm wondering how long it's going to take Bill to figure out that the bathroom has been redecorated! And that he actually started the process.

And on that note, I think I'll go start dinner. And then I'll have a glass of wine and read for a while. I'll post my July book list at the end of the month, but there isn't anything really spectacular on it at the moment. I have about 3 books in various stages of being read, and a few more waiting. Otter and I also went to the library at lunch today, I have plenty to read next week to keep me occupied!

No comments: